|Three|

Malasia
2:20pm

"Okay Stephanie, Do me a huge favor, and finish up the labs and give the reports to me." I told her as we exited out of the room from the Post OP, my patient had a kidney transplant a few weeks ago and this was a follow up appointment to see how well her body is functioning.

"Okay, I will do it." She smiled as I gave her the tablet filled with the patient's records and history. Hearing a constant beeping sound as she left, I noticed it was my pager saying "ER 911". Groaning, I began to make my way down there.

"Dr. Seal" I heard someone call my name as I pressed the elevator button to take me to the 1st floor.

Turning around I gave a half smile, "Dr. Reynolds, Good afternoon" Dr. Reynolds, or Jacob was the head surgeon of Neuro.

"Good afternoon, where ya' headed?" He asked

"Emergency Room, I got paged down there." I answered as the elevator door opened.

"Same, do you know what for?"

"I don't know, probably some typical incident." I said looking down at my grey scrubs.

Quiet filled the elevator for a quick minute.

"Aye, do you ever want to grab a lunch with me? Or go somewhere to talk?" He asked breaking my much needed quietness. I mentally rolled my eyes. Dr. Reynolds is cute and all but I wasn't looking for any dating type of stuff right now.

"Uhh, not really. I have been so busy." I partly lied. The elevator doors opened and I mentally sighed thanking god taking me from the conversation.

Taking my direction to the left, he followed me. "Oh okay, well anytime you're not busy, maybe I can take you out ?" He asked

"Maybe"

Pushing my ways through the double doors filled with injured sick patients that were either adults or children. Noticing that nurses were pacing or speed walking towards a room was confusing.

"Seal. Reynolds" Cheif Webber called us over.

"Yes" I said grabbing a yellow cover up gown from the shelf and tying it over my body. As well as tying my mask.

"Two injured people. Car accident. Currently unidentified, the one I'm working on now has severe injures. Found in the flipped car. He has head lacs, fractured bones, bruised in abdomen, and were currently working on him." He informed us as we entered the room.

Entering the room, while I put on my gloves. Blood was on the floor due to his head bleeding. The man looked middle aged, probably looked about 30. I began examining his abdomen as he had a purple bruise on himself. It had a tender feeling, knowing he might have blood underneath.

"Okay, I may need to do an abdomen CT scan to see if the blood is underneath." I said wrapping my stethoscope around my neck.

"That may be later. Uh Ms. Greg, please page Cardio" Dr. Reynolds told the nurse who was helping.

She nodded her head and walked out.

Looking at him like he lost his mind, I shook my head and rolled my eyes. He was a real sweetheart when it came to him and woman, but he can be forgetful when working with one.

"You said there was another?" I asked Chief, disregarding what he said.

"Yes, next door to the right. He isn't badly injured. Dr. Mitchelle is working on him now." he said as I took off my gloves and left to room to go check on him.

"Okay how are we doing over here?" I asked the doctor in charge.

"A couple injuries to the head. His heart rate is going up, pulse is doing the same." she said while she continued to give a full body work up.

Putting on some gloves, I decided to help out. She only had two residents and nurse working with her.

"I got it. I'm good" she said with an attitude.

"Well then you won't mind if I help a little" I faked smiled. "Have you guys ever tried to identify him?"

"No, never bothered" she said again with a slight attitude.

He looked really familiar, and with all those chains and necklaces he looked like came from a rich posse. Going through his belonged items brought from the car he owned, I got hold of his driver's license which said Quavious Marshall.

Logging into the computer, I went straight to Google. 'Who is Quavious Marshall?'

It pulled up a rapper named "Quavo" and a group called Migos including him. The pictures look highly similar to the man on the table.

"Charlene, come here" I said.

"What you wa--" she got cut off when she looked at the screen and back at the man on the table. "Ohh shit. He part of the Migos" she said

"Wait you know them?" I asked.

"Well not like contact- contact- but like I heard many of their songs."

I nodding my head as an okay.

"Wait, you never heard of them??" She asked shocked.

"Psst, what who said that??" I shrugged.

Knowing that everyone in the room was looking at me the same was as Charlene was looking at me.

"What??" I asked. They all shaked their head.

"You're living in a whole bubble." She kissed her teeth.

"Oh shut up" I threw my used gloves in the trash after giving him a suture in his arms.

"Okay. Jackson, you and Laura please clean up and roll him to an empty room upstairs. And monitor him. Please page, me and Dr. Seal when he wakes up." Charlene instructed her residents in charge.

"Yes. Doctor." They said as we left the room.

Walking to the receptionist, I gave them the license and the rest of his belongings to help contact their friends or family.

"Please call me down, when they get here" I smiled.

"Okay, ma'am" the lady said.

A few minutes later, I saw Cheif come out the other room.

"Dr. Webber, I have identified the second patient as Quavious Marshall, also known as a big time rapper named Quavo." I told him.

"Oh, I know them my children stay playing their music." He shook his head. "I don't see the point though"

Looking through the windows, I see an empty room.

"Where is Dr. Reynolds and the paitent?"

"He took him to the OR, he was bleeding in the brain. He said he'll page you to look at the abdomen later"

"Okay" I said.

Walking to the elevator, I thought to myself 'What an eventful day'

______________________
Please excuse mistakes.
Sorry this chapter is dry. Stayed up all night and wrote this, I was hella tired.
But anyways, please leave
-a comment
-a vote
- and you can always share this story.

xoxo
Annice