|One|

Malasia

" This is channel 89.5 FM and your tuning into WRAS, giving you the best music," said the radio broadcaster before playing a song.

It was 7:30 in the morning and I was in my kitchen making me some good breakfast before getting ready to leave for work. Wearing a good appropiate dress and my doctor's lab coat on top, I was good to go. Noticing that my pancakes and eggs was finished cooking I fixed myself a plate and ate. Looking through the window, I could hear kids walking and talking while going to school. Smiling to myself as I watched one little girl walking alone and talking to her toy, reminded me of so much of myself. I always wanted a ch--- I got cut off from my train of thought when my phone started ringing. Reading that the Called ID was my younger sister, I decided to pick it up.

"Heyyy Tatiana what's up?" I answered.

"Uhhhhh hey Mal, can you do me a sweet favor?" She asked.

Wondering what it is I said, "Yeah umm sure??"

"Can you pick Kody up after school and uhh maybe for them to stay over your house for the night?," she asked referring to her 6 year old son.

"Yeah fine sure, I need to spend time with them anyway. I barely get to see him" I said rolling my eyes.

"Awww thankss Mal, and this why I love you" she gushed.

"Yeah shut up, but may I ask why?"

"Uhh because I kinda have a date tonight," she confessed. Tatiana have been seeing and dating guys ever since her and her ex-boyfriend broke-up. In which case, they have been together for like 4- 5 years. Turns out he was cheating on her for a whole 2 years.

"Hmmm who's the lucky mister tonight?" I asked sacastically.

"He is still unknown for now but enough about me, when are you gonna open your dating session?," she asked changing the subject. I haven't been looking for anyone for a while because I had lots of bad experiences in the past and don't have the time to go through it again. This is the time period to focus on myself although I am almost in my late 20's.

"What you mean when am I going to start my dating session? I am good right now. Don't need anyone to come mess me up." I said as I took a bite of one of my pancakes.

"Mhmmmm sure Malasia, keep saying that like you dont need some good dick to lay it down for you every once in a while" she blurted out.

"Okay you know what, I am hanging up. Goodbye Tati, text me the address of the school again." I said laughing.

"Arrd, Bye Love" she said before I pressed to end the call.

Shaking my head, I put my plate in the sink and washed it. Realizing that I was running late, I drunk a glass of orange juice and wore my heels and headed to the door grabbing my purse and my coat along the way.

~~~~~~~~~

*Grace Memorial Hospital*

"Goodmorning Dr. Seal, I have your patient's current lab reports as well as your coffee," my assistant resident Dr. Stephanie Waver walked up to me as I stepped off the elevator on the surgeon floor, where my office was located.

"Well thank you Stephanie" I chuckled. "You seem really hype today, anything special going on ?" I asked her as we walked down the hallways to my mini office, passing through many sick patients and operation rooms.

"Um, Dr. Seal did you hear me?" she said cutting me off my thoughts.

"Hmm, yeah sweetie, Sorry what you say?" I said.

"I said, Chief Webber has this major surgery in a few days and he is choosing a resident to scrub in. I just hope it's me."

"Oh, I heard. Isn't it the Kidney and Liver transplant?"

"Yupp" she smiled.

Arriving at the door meaning it was time to end the conversation. "Uhh Stephanie what time is my scheduled appointment?" I asked her as she was holding the tablet.

"Since there is no need for surgery, The 1st appoinment is at 11 am, second is at 12:50, and the third is just a second post OP for the patient which is at 2" she stated.

"Okay. Thanks, well I'll see you in a few minutes" I said as she gave me the tablet and walked away.

I unlocked the door and went inside turning the light on and shutting the door behind me.

*Phone vibrates*

Sissy 🖤: Don't forget to pick Kody up by 3:30. *sends address* thanks !

Me: I won't, np ugly.

Putting my phone down I began to take off my jacket and put on my white coat.

*Knocks on Door*

"Come in" I semi yelled.

"Well.Well.Well." I heard a familiar voice.

"KHLOE !!!" I yelled as I went to go hug her. I haven't seen her in a brick since her wedding with her new husband. "When you get back from Puerto Rico?"

"A few days ago." She smiled as she plopped down on my couch.

"And you ain't wanna call me, I see how it is. You get a husband and forget about your best friend." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Not really, I was tired and plus I had to move in my new house." She stated.

"Mmm sure" I sucked my teeth.

"Well forget about me, what about you? Wait what I miss around here?"

"Well did you get an invite from Andrew and his fiance Luciana about the wedding?"

"Ohh yess, I did. Glad I came back on time" she chuckled.

Our other best friend from high school, Andrew is getting married to his first love Luciana in a few weeks.

"Oh and Marie is due in a few weeks you know!" I said as I remembered our hispanic best friend was expecting her 2nd baby girl in March.

"I know! I talked to her a few days ago before I arrived since I missed the Baby Shower. I wanted to be her OB but you know how Chief is, you can't operate on family nor friends" she groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Mhm, well it's 10:50, I have to get going because I have a appointment. Meet you at lunch?" I asked heading to the door.

"Nahh, I can't I really have to catch up on my patients. It's been weeks girll." She said.

"Well okay" I opened the door.

"Maybe we can do lunch tomorrow with Andrew and Marie altogether." She suggested.

Knowing that I might have nothing to do, I agreed. "Sure, just text in the old group chat"

"Oh right! I remember that, never deleted it anyway" She laughed.

We got outside to the main hallway and said our "See ya later" and parted ways.

______________________
Malasia in Media ^
How did y'all like the first Chapter & the prologue.
Please leave
-a comment
-a vote
and share this with you're friends and/or family.

xoxo
Annice.