wisdom | fourteen

"What do you mean you're not going over there? Didn't you want to be noticed?" Taehyung looked at me confused as ever.

I simply sighed.

"Yeah. I did..but now that I think about it, I feel like being left out isn't how someone should treat anyone. Especially if they're friends."

I sighed as Chelsea came back with a huge smile on her face. It sort of disgusted me. Taehyung placed a hand on mines which made me turn my attention to him, quickly. He spoke in a deep, soothing voice.

"Y/N. I know the feeling you are feeling at the moment."

"You do?.."

He slid his hand off of mines and set his chopsticks down. He gave a slight smile and looked down at his fingers, which got me more curious. Story time.

"Well..a long time ago, when I was in 8th grade middle school, there was this kid in my friend group. He'd basically take all my friends away from me. He'd throw huge parties and I was never invited. That made me feel left out and upset. Though, one day, he'd thrown a party because it was his birthday. I think he was turning 15? And it was no surprise that I didn't get an invite. Hm..You know how getting gifts is a big part of parties?"

I nodded.

"Well, since it was a birthday party, I decided that it was time that I get him a gift. He may have made me feel like crap all the time, but I learned to love everyone equally. No matter how different or how mean.

Well anyways, even though I wasn't invited, I decided to call him. I used some coins for a nearby phonebooth and tried to call him. He didn't pick up for a while.

After a few more tries, he finally picked up. I asked him where the party was held because I had a gift for him. He was quiet for a second or two then finally told me the arcade around the corner of school.

I headed over on back after that. Once I got to the arcade, I looked around for the boy. I then seen him. I gave him his gift and he looked at it for a second. He looked up at me once again then sighed. He asked me if I wanted to know why he was so mean to me. I couldn't turn down the offer so I said yes. He explained..I was surprised as I listened. You know what he told me?"

"What?"

"He was jealous. He was jealous of how I could get along with everyone else so well. He was jealous of the fact that I had something superior to him. Out of everyone he's hung out with, he only envied me."

Taehyung chuckled as he thought about the flashbacks. I began to think.

' Was Chelsea jealous of me? For what? '

I looked back at Nate and Chelsea. They continued laughing. It still made me angry but I thought about Tae's words.

"...but I learned to love everyone equally."

I looked back at Taehyung who had a warm smile on his face then got up to hug him.

"Thank you..for everything." I quickly pulled away and smiled before I rushed to the other table where the two chatted.

"Hey guys! How's it going?"

Chelsea looked at me then at Taehyung. The smile on her face loosened a little.