connection | three

I woke up in the middle of the night to hear loud music. It was 2am!

"Nate.." was all I could grumble as
I got up off my bed. I shut my window and tried to go back to sleep. Though, I could still hear the loud music. I tried covering my ears with a pillow but it still wouldn't work. I decided to go deal with it myself.

I slipped on my shoes and tied my hair up in a messy bun then walked next door to Nate's house.

I knocked on his door and the loud music suddenly stopped. I heard some noises come from the othrr side of the door. Then footsteps. He opened the door and looked straight at me. He smiled.

' how could you smile after waking me up?' I thought.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes. A whole lot, actually."

"What can I do for you?"

"If you can, mind being a bit more quieter when you are....doing whatever you're doing in there?"

He smirked then nodded.

'why is he smirking?..'

"Sure thing.."

"Uh..thanks."

I awkwardly nodded and walked back to my own home. Once I lied down, a sweet sound entered my ears. There was a bit of vocalizing but I couldn't quite get the words. So I just fell back asleep.

~

The next morning, I awoke to a knock at the front door. My mom or Dad were not home because they were both working.

'seriously..do I get any sleep?'

I lazily rolled off my bed and then got up to walk down the steps. I opened the door to see Nate standing there.

'oh god.'

"Um. Hey.."

"Oh! Hey Y/N!"

I gave him a sleepy smile as I rubbed my eyes. I let out a yawn before I could continue speaking.

"What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to apologize for last night. I just got a little carried away."

I didn't want to deal with the problem now so I just waved it off.

"Don't worry about it.."

"Really?"

"Haha yeah! Well, have a good morn-"

Just as I was halfway down to closing the door, he stopped it with his foot.

"Wait!"

"Agh, what?"

I opened the door again, a little annoyed that he wanted to continue talking.

"And to prove I'm sorry, would you maybe..I dont know..want to go with me to the park later?"

'Is he really trying to ask me now? I literally have my PJ's on and he wants to go to a park?..'