unexpected | six

I smiled then quietly opened my door.

I'm sure she was asleep. She had to have been. It was too quiet. I went downstairs and out the door as cautious as I could.

I then looked over to Nate's home. The lights were on. He was home. I quickly ran next door to greet him at his front door. I took a deep breath then knocked.

"Who is it?" I heard from inside.

"Um. It's Y/N?"

"Y/N? Wait there! I'm coming!"

I waited like he told me to do. Just then, the door swung open. He was looking nice today. His hair was flopped to the side. He had the face of a child. A very serious one right now.

"Hey Y/N! Whoa..You look nice tonight. But uh I was gonna pick you up. What happened to that?"

I gave him an assuring half smile.

"Change of plans. It'd be too  risky, heh."

He wanted to speak but decided it was a bad idea. He covered it up with a big smile.

"Okay well, wanna come inside now?"

"Uh, duh."

He chuckled then escorted me inside his home which was amazing. There were huge paintings of music artists I loved on the walls like Brendon Urie, Hayley Williams and Fall Out Boy. One I went to quickly, was a huge Tyler Joseph. My jaw dropped as soon as I got up close.

"D-did you paint all of these? Including this one?"

I was basically hugging the huge painting. He laughed as he seen my action.

"Hm? Oh these? Sadly, not. I'm not the biggest artist. I bought these online."

I was still so amazed. How can someone paint such art?? I kept my eyes on the one Tyler paintings until Nate placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't go drooling on them!" He said jokingly.

"You truly are truly the coolest person ever-"

I heard him laugh.

"Thank you! Haha! But I think you're just a little bit cooler than I am."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

'this boy thinks I'm cooler even though he had these legends painted and hung on his walls. wtf?'

I heard him snicker and take my arm.

"Come on. I wanna show you what  I wanted to show you."

Before I could think, he took me to a room. A dark one at that.

"Where..where  are we? Are you gonna rape me? Because if you are, I'm outta here!"

Just then, the lights turned on. I checked my surroundings. I was in his room.

"Great! I'm getting raped today.."

He began laughing again and sat on his bed.

"Nahh no raping today. I just wanted to play a video game with you!!"

"Pfft! That's what you wanted to show me?"

He holds up a controller.

"Well, yeah. What, are you too cool for video games now? Cause you can leave if you want?"

I huffed and sat next to him.

"I never said I didn't like video games.. Anyways what kind of game?"

He sets the controller on his bed and pulls out a box from under his bed.

"Anything from here."

I decided to look inside the box for a game that I may enjoy. I then found it. My favorite game since I was a kid. Little Big Planet. And the best part was that it was multiplayer so we could both play together. I pulled it out and showed it to him.

"I find more interest in this one."

He takes it from my hand and scans it. He then nods at me.

"A classic..good choice! I'll get the other controller from downstairs. Be right back."

He runs down the stairs and I just sat on his bed and looked around. He had many band posters on the walls. Including game posters, anime ones, and some of people I don't even know.

He had instruments around his room which was pretty cool too. I heard his footsteps coming back up the stairs.

'quick one'

"Alright I got the other controller!"

He sets it on his bed also and starts to set up his PS3. I watched him turn it on and put the game in. He then got his controller and gave me mines.

"Do you wanna be first or me?"

"I'll be.. I'll be second."
He nods happily and starts the game. I really could've never guessed he just wanted to play video games with me. Not that I have a problem with it. But, it was just unexpected.