speaker | eight

Nate's P.O.V

"I'm telling you dude. She's pretty hot. She also likes music too so that's pretty cool."

I was setting up my guitar to play while on the phone with my good friend, Matt.

"You should ask her out on a date. An actual date, dude. Not a nerdy one. You'll never know. Maybe you two might bang soon." He laughed through the phone.

My guitar fell from my hands at the remark.

"Shut up, Matt! You made me drop my guitar.." I said as I picked up the guitar.

"Whatever. Take it slow though." He said.

"Yeah, yeah I know what I'm doing. I think I'll just write her a song or something." I put the pick in my mouth.

"You think you can pull it off though? I mean, every girl wants different things so you sure she'll like the song idea?" Mat said unsure.

That was true. But I should still give it a shot. If she leaves me, I mean...I guess it's fine.

"Okay...you're making me worry now. I got the song I want to sing to her though. In my version though. Punk and pop. Listen."

I strummed my guitar.

"I think you're pretty, without any makeup on. I think your funny, when you tell the punchline wro-"

"DUDE! WHAT THE-.."

"What?"

"Why'd you choose that song? Pff!!"

"Was that a bad choice?" I said while scratching the back of my head.

"Haha nah. Depends who she is. It's your choice. But your voice is perfect so do what you want shell fall for you either way. But, I'll let you go for now. I need to get some work done anyways. Tell me how it goes okay?" He smiled through the phone excitedly.

I also smiled.

"Okay, okay uh you get that work done. I'll call you later." I hung up and sighed.

'he's right..I mean..I think she likes Tyler? I'll sing her a top song? yeah..there we go'