afterwards | seven

Once we got the the metropolis level, we decided it was time for us to end our little gaming night.

I set the controller down and leaned onto Nate's shoulder. I was really tired from staring at a tv screen for hours so I really didn't know what I was doing. I closed my eyes slowly and began falling asleep onto his shoulder without really realizing it.

"Sleep as long as you want." He whispered as he felt my head touch  his shoulder. "I'll be by your side until you wake up."

I slept peacefully with no worries.  This was the best feeling I've ever had in my life. The feeling of comfort and warmth.

•••

The Next Morning

I slowly woke up with a short stretch and rubbed my eyes. I sleepily looked around to check my surroundings. Holy shit. I was laying in Nate's bed. And the worst part is, he was laying right next to me without a shirt on. My parents are going to kill me. Big time.

Luckily, I was still wearing my clothes. I slowly shifted my way out the bed and made my way towards the door, grabbing my shoes that I assume he took off for me and trying to not make too much noise that will cause him to awaken.

Thankfully, I made it out of the house without making loud noises. I ran back home, knowing both my parents were home.

I opened the door slowly and closed it gently. I ran up the steps to my room and closed the door behind me. I lay in bed and try to forget about what just happened. I loved it. But I felt really uncomfortable.

Ugh.

I'm so confused. I don't know how to feel. I need some more time. More time to think this through.