'mom' | four

I woke up to Nate shaking me. I slowly awaken to his face. I jumped and slapped him across the face with a yelp with instinct.

"WHAT THE- OW!"

"Oh my g-..I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!"

He rubbed his cheek and laughed a bit.

"Heh..yeah I'm fine..you're pretty strong for someone small like you."

My jaw dropped a bit as he said that. This time a punched his arm.

"Was that a short person insult?"

I glared and his eyes widened again. He knew what answer I wanted so he quickly shook his head.

"N-no no! Of course not! Uh..anyway, we should go home now. It's getting pretty late.."

He continued to rub his cheek and then his arm a bit as I looked around, a little panicked.

"Wait..what time is it!? How long did I sleep for!?"

"Mm..let me check."

He removed his hand from his cheek and arm to check his watch and looked up at me.

"It's 7:43pm."

"Oh shit..when did we get here!?"

"Does it really matter that much?"

"You don't understand..I gave to go now!"

I stood up quickly and dusted the grass off of my clothes. He got up too.

"Wh-why? What's the rush?"

"Nothing! We just gotta go! Come on!"

"But-"

Before he could speak anymore, I pulled him by the hand as I began to run. He stumbled a bit as he was being pulled by me. But I had no care in the world right now.

'i hope I make it on time..'

Soon enough, we reached my yard. I stopped and let Nate catch his breath.

"Geez! We're you in the Olympics or something!?"

"No I just..I can't stay out all night. I'll get in trouble. I'll explain more later! I have to get inside though..um..thanks for tonight by the way. I enjoyed it."

I smiled a bit and began to walk through the yard to my door, leaving a confused Nate behind me. I opened my door until I heard my name.

"Y/N?"

I turned to face him.

"Make it quick.."

"Okay well, I was wondering if you would maybe want to come over to my place tomorrow! I need to show you something really cool?"

I hesitated. But I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I nodded in agreement before walking into the house.

I heard a small sound before I closed the door.

"Bye.."

I smiled to myself until I came across mom.

'im done for..'

"Where were you, Y/N? I was so worried! I thought someone kidnapped you!"

"Oh! Uh..I was..I was out."

"Out where?"

"The park."

"By yourself?"

"Please stop asking so many questions..I'm tired."

"I just wanted to know if you were safe, baby."

"I am here and I'm safe."

I pat her head then head upstairs to my room. I kick off my shoes and lay down in my bed and do nothing. I just stare up at the ceiling and think about the next day.

"Will I make a fool of myself again tomorrow? Why did he want me to go over? Why not another girl like his girlfriend? Does he even have one? Maybe he was just being ni-"

"Y/N? Are you talking to yourself?"
I hear her walking up the steps toward my room.

Ugh.

She opened my door and I just lay there as I was.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

"It's very abnormal of you to just lay around. Usually you're on your laptop or phone listening to music."

"Well, change isn't bad, now is it?"

She looks at me and gives me a quick scan. She felt a little anxious.

"You doing okay?.." was all she could say.

I looked at her from my bed and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine..why do you care?"

She fiddled with her fingers as she nodded softly. Nervous, she seemed to be.

"Can you leave me alone now?.."

She looked up at me and nodded quickly.

"O-of course. Anything for you, sweetie."

"Don't call me that.."

She doesn't deserve to talk to me like that. Not at all.

She was about to speak but decided to keep her mouth shut and close the door.

Alone again. In silence physically but mentally, thoughts were loud.

'she didn't mean it. she just says that so she can get a 'its okay I love you' pass..nope. not today'