move | two

I was on my last problem on math. I've always hated algebra..ALWAYS. But, I didn't have a choice. So I did it anyway. It took me a whole hour to finish the whole damned paper. Okay, I'm over exaggerating. It was only half an hour. The good thing is I'm done. Now I can move on to the 'Green Day spree!'

Once I opened my laptop I heard someone yelling outside.

"NO NO NO!! TOO FAR TOO FAR!! Aggghhh!!"

I got curious. I slowly set down my laptop onto the bed and got up to look out my window. I could see a moving truck. It must've crashed the boy's car behind it because there was a dent on the front of the car. A pretty deep one, too.

I decided to get a better look at this. Pretty nosy, am I right? I walked downstairs and peeked out the door.

"ARE YOU BLIND!?"

"Hey look kid, I'm sorry!"

"Yeah, that helps.."

There was a guy who looked slightly Asian? Mixed? His haircut was perfectly put to the side with the right amount of mousse. The mousse made it look shiny in some way. His voice was like a character, you could say. Sorta raspy. It was nice.

He ran his fingers through his nicely cut hair in frustration.

"You know what? It's okay...I'll just fix it up later.."

The driver shrugs and takes out the boy's last moving box out of the back of the truck. I guess he really didn't seem to care about the damage of his car. Just that he'd get the job done.

"Alrighty then! Sounds good!"

The driver soon drove away as the dude with the slick hair growled a bit at how okay the driver seemed to be. He sighed then grabbed a box to bring it inside his house.

He closed his door behind him, leaving one box behind.

Maybe I should give it to him..it must be important.

I cautiously walk outside. The sun beamed on my skin. Warmth.. I quietly went over to the box that he left. I looked around to make sure no one was seeing me creep out here and think I'm trying to steal his box. Because I wasn't..

I read the handwriting written onto it. "Nate's Box of Things." His name must be Nate. Should I open it? No. I should just give it to him and go. I picked up the box and walked up to this guy's new home. I knocked on his door and waited for an answer. Soon enough, I got one.

"I'm coming!!"

Soon enough, the door swings open and I see him looking up at me from his phone. He was the basic emo kid you'd see at school. You know, that one that hangs with the rockers? Yeah that kind of kid.

He was wearing a leather jacket and a black button up shirt. He had black jeans on and black and white converse. He soon gave a half smile at me which gave me a small rush of chills up my spine.

"Yeah?" He spoke up.

"Oh um hey uh I happened to see this box outside and was wondering if it was yours?"

He nods and takes the box from my hands. He examined it for an few seconds and soon enough, his half smile became full.

"Oh!! Thank you! I can't believe I almost left this out here..My life would be ruined without it, haha! Thank you uh....what's your name?"

"My name is Y/n. And it's really no problem, Nate."

His friendly smile was glued to his face as he then set the box down next to his door in his home. He
awkwardly stood there as I had nothing really to say.

You see, I'm uh..socially awkward when it comes to new people. I feel shaky and at times, I feel like all the air has been isolated out of my bubble.

I didn't have nothing much to say to him so I just waved and said a few words.

"Well, it was nice meeting you!"

I flashed a smile his way then swiftly turned and walked off back to my own home. I carefully looked back as I was walking back to see Nate still standing there but this time waving at me. I smiled and waved at him too. Once I reached the door, I quickly ran inside and shit my door quickly.

"Jeez. Why did I have to be so awkward..??"

I ran up the steps to my bedroom. Once I opened up the  door, I lied down on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. I sighed and forgot all about the music spree. All I had on my mind was Nate, and his beautiful smile.