Let's Make A New One Mama. What'd You Say?

Jenna's POV

I stood in the kitchen of my diner ready to make a fresh new pie when my daughter Lulu raced in.

"Mommy. Can we make a pie?" she asked looking up at me.

"Sure sweetie."

"Okay," she went to the pantry to get supplies, "sugar. Butter. Flour."

"Okay. Come on Lulu. Let's start."
"Okay. Can I pick out the name?" I always gave my pies weird names like, "I Hate My Husband Pie." Which I did hate him, now I'm so glad it's just me and sweet little Lulu.

"Oh course!"

"Today we're going to start with strawberry cream. And marshmallows!" She carried over a big bag of marshmallows and a can of strawberry cream and dumped them on the counter.

I started to bake the pie. I had mad so many pies in my lifetime I didn't need a recipe. I held Lulu's hand as she held the spoon to stir.

"Mama. I love you," she said her little blue grey eyes looking up at me. I kissed her light brown hair and smiled. She was the spitting image of me. I was so glad she didn't look anything like Earl, my ex husband.

"I love you too Lulu."

I put the pie in the oven and we both waited for it to cook.

Beep!! The timer went off and I took it out of the oven. "Lulu, what are you going to name this pie?"

"Hmm..." she thought, "Lulu's Strawberry Dream."

"Perfect," I scooped my daughter up into my arms and gave her a kiss.

Hope you like this first chapter! The video is a song the Sara Barielles wrote but didn't put in the musical. And it is Sara Barielles singing it too. Ithought the song was precious and I wrote this chapter based of of it. Hope you like this story so far! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!!

Love, leah_ann ❤️