Your Voice

I turned around to see who it was and it was Joey.

"Yo, i'm out here at CVS finally in LA! You know it's about to be lit" is what hear from the back of my head. ew.

"Um excuse me, but the line is moving" is what he said tapping the back of my shoulder

I moved along and didn't say a single word.

" good evening, you need $2.50" the cashier said

I handed her $5.00

"Thank you, your change is $2.50. Have a good evening" she said giving me my change

"Wait, you forgot your umbrella " is what I heard from the back of me

"My bad" I replied rushing back, trying to cover my face. I took my phone and quickly paced to the crosswalk

"Wait, don't I know you" someone asked

"No, I think you mixed me with the wrong person..." I said." Why won't you just turn green already!" I complained pressing the button to let me go

Joey was able to catch up with me, but I walked quickly as possible to the other side of the street.

"Okay, you caught me" I said." Why are you here!" I complained

"Well, remembered when I said we were moving back? Well we came a few days ago." He said

"Well, it's not the right time. I have to go back, my friend is waiting" I said

" who is it" he asked

"Why do you care" I asked

" cuz can, and i am live in the other apartment building next to yours" he addressed.

Why! Can he just leave! I had months of being clean and free just to have this boy in my life again.

"Okay Joseph, what are you trying to say" I crossed my arms harshly, despite creasing my portfolio.

"Well, can your friend wait because it's raining" he pointed up, where the lamppost showed the rain dropping down harder than it did earlier.

"What is that supposed to me-" I said. He cut me off.

"Anna, I though you knew better? Your a movie expert" he said

"No, don't you dare tell me" I start walking off. "Dude, it's like 9:00! I need to go, and I'm already wet!"

"Don't worry, this would be fun" he ran as he grabbed my hand. He was like a dog running or chasing something!

"Slow down! I might drop my-" I complained until my phone dropped in the puddle. "What the hell joey? What am I supposed to do now? What if your planning to kidnap me!" I yelled picking up my phone that was on but glitching.

"It's okay, imma get you a new one" he ignored the fact that he literally just broke my phone as he takes us farther from the apartment buildings.

"No! That's it I'm going back" I yell, as I yank my hand off his grip.

"Wait" he grabbed my hand again. He pulled me in. "Maybe i'm just a kid in love.""

"shut up. the shawn mendes reference is too overrated," I laughed. "I'm still going."

"Please don't go" he pulled me in, grabbing my wrist. I dropped my umbrella and the folder onto the ground.

"So you wanna do the other thing people do when they're under the rain?" he smiles as the droplets of rainwater from his damp hair drips on me. I was just staring at his eyes and his wet hair.

"Uh, i mea-" I manage to say but he cut me off with one of the best things that could happen in a romance movie or show. #hopelessromanticthings

He pulled me closer as we both gazed into each other's eyes. He cupped my flushed red cheeks. And then, he kisses me. I fight the urge to resist, but it's in the moment. damn.

"Well, I gotta go" I push myself off, blushing, picking up my umbrella and wet folder!

"Well, I'm coming with you" he insisted by his demanding voice.

"No your not" I demanded.

"Yes I am! I live next to you." he follows as i walked away. stalker much.

I just kept on walking back the the apartment, ignoring what just happened, which made me want to think more about it!

I opened the doors of the lobby and ran over to the elevator.

"Open, open" I muttered repeatedly pressing the button

It opened and I ran in, as quickly as I can and pressed the closing button and the 5 button together so the elevators won't open.

When it opened to my floor, I see that Joey managed to come up that fast on the other elevator.

"C'mon, I did say it was about to be lit in LA" he said

"shut up with the "lit"" I laughed

A/n
Yay!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSEPH MATHEW BIRLEM!!! EVEN THO HE'S NEVER GONNA SEE THIS, happy birthday, well you're finally 15🎉🎉🎉

^^ re-editing. it's 2020 and joey is 18. i wrote this in middle school. i- no. I gave up at this point in editing this story, so if it's cringey, then so be it. thanks for the support 🙈❤️