Torture

I turned around to see who that was and it was Oliver. He is so stuck up. He moved in 5th grade like me, just like me, but in another city. He was like a competitive type between the both of us because I was smart and he was too! He wanted to be the smartest, but that was stupid. But before all of that, we were good friends in 2nd grade and 3rd grade. But this boy really has a big ego! He literally said on the last day of 4th grade " I'm gonna beat you one day bitch!" Because I always got better grades. He's really good at controlling and competing, so I got more anxiety, but I tried to hide it.

"Hi Oliver" I said in a disgusted voice and a fake smile

" I told you I'm gonna beat you one day, and we're here," He whispers. "Where's your friend that always defends you, cuz we know ur gonna cry today."

I was screaming for Joey to be here, but he was right. Joey always defends me. I just ignored him and walked to our slot of the competition. I was praying and hoping Joey's luck will work. Every step to the slot, I have a heartbeat. Great. Oliver's school is up against us. 

"you're gonna loose Anna " 

Took a deep breath and stared at my other team members. We got this. 

The judge started asking us questions, and we buzzed in most of the time. Until Oliver's team caught up. The time was almost up. 5 points behind us.

"The three types of psychoactive dr-" I buzzed in. 

"stimulants, hallucinogens, and depressants," I did not stutter one bit. I glance at Oliver who glared at me with an evil stare. 

"that is correct. 10 points." the judge said. I- omg we won. But We all hugged each other and cheered. It was so close. 560 to 545.

Joey's POV
So I was already at the venue, getting ready, and there was already a lot of fans. The meet and greet starts at 12 but they are waiting outside. They're setting up the Merch, the picture taking placy thingy, and the audio for the music! It was like 1 hour til the meet and greet, so I called Anna to see what's going on... but she never answered. She never misses a call, unless she was already doing her competition.

It was just weird but I think it only lasted like 9 or 8 minutes, so I waited.... The. She. Called. She was screaming with excitement 

"JOEYYYYYYY!!!!! WE DID IT!!! Thank u so much, this is why I have you in my life! So, how's the meet and greet?" anna spud up. 

"that's why I called, it didn't start. It's like in a hour til we let the fans in." I reply  

"Did u know my life was almost over because I remember Oliver, he was here and he was taunting me," She complains. 

"oh I remembered, he hates you, and me... he's such a douche bag." I answer

"well good luck with all those fans," she responds.

"good luck with the compe-" she hangs up on me

Anna's POV

A few hours later, we did another part of the competition. We competed with another school that won their first round. My team beat them by 40 points. Though I kind of got distracted by the cute guy who was on the other team, we got 620 to 580.

Results came in three hours later, and they were announcing the winners! My heart was beating fast, Oliver gave me a death glare. Homeboy wasn't even placed to begin with. 1st place for middle school and 1st place for high school will go to nationals. The anxiety, every single sound was blocked, when I hear the judges say that... We won! I was like running up the stage and doing my victory dance when receiving the trophy and metal.

All of us were so happy, so we celebrated with boba! Ican't wait for nationals, but it's all the way in Hawaii. A day before my birthday...

Joey's POV

So meet and greet was good. VIP session was LIT! The fans were chill. I love seeing them, knowing these people support me. Around 5 pm, we were still with the VIP and I hear a vibration from my phone. Anna called but I ignored it, which made me feel bad...

Anna's POV

I called Joey and he didn't answer, that jerk! I was so excited to let it out. Then when the ringing stopped, I was screaming in the boba shop, but it had the miss call tone! I embarrassed in the boba shop, but I didn't give a crap about it since I'm gonna yell at him later when it's a reasonable time!

I called 2 hours later, where we were at Syd's house and called Joey.

"Joey what was the reason for you to not answer my fucking call?" I yell into the phone. silence. "JOSEPH MATHEW BIRLEM ANSWER ME U IDIOT"

"you hung up on me earlier," he finally speaks. I can't hold it in. 

"well, WE WON NATIONALS! 1ST PLACE!" I scream. Everyone heard me scream in their hotel room and I heard Sophie, Chris, and Auntie Jen congratulating me! "thanks guys. Joey didn't even say anything yet"

"well because of me, u won, u should thank me," he points out. 

"I already did and earlier I called, I thought u answered, so I yelled in the boba shop! But it was voice mail! And I embarrassed myself!" i complain to him. "well, we won to go nationals, but it's held in Hawaii. May 28... a day before our birthday."

"wait, I think I got an idea," joey says into the phone. I think I know where he's going with this. "what if we go to Hawaii for our birthday? I mean summer vacation ends the week before our birthdays." 

"oh my gosh, yeah. i guess?" I don't really know about this... "sure, whatever."

"well, it's a plan!" he exclaims. This isn't vacation sir, its a school held trip for me. "joey, It's an off-state trip with the school. It's only for a week."

"who cares, It's HAWAII," joey counters. i swear this boy doesn't understand 

Well, Hawaii birthday summer is gonna happen I guess... or is it, cuz i remembered he said he's gonna have a tour in the beginning of June...

A/n: this event is a real thing. It's hard, believe me. I did oneof these competitions, but we won only 2nd place.