Remember Him?

The movie was over and Joey wasn't invited to the sleepover, so he left. 

We're in the living room because Sydney's room is too small. As we were setting up, I called the couch while everyone is on the floor. When we were done, the convo was starting up!!

"Anna, so who do you like?," Cleo asked. "I know you like Joey."

"pfft, what the fuck are you thinking? I would rather kill myself, I live with him already" I lie. Of course everyone knows I lied. 

"sure, you really do like him" Valerie smirked

"speaking of guys, you know the house in front of mine?" I questioned as I gestured Sydney to pass me the popcorn

"yeah, what about that creepy place" both of them asked

"well someone bought the house, and a cute boy moved in but he looked really familiar," I say before eating some popcorn

Flashback 

 "are you sure your ok without me?" he asks we with tears running down

"yes, I'm gonna be fine don't worry Ale," I crack a smile despite the ugly cry. 

"If we can't see each other, I would like to say that I really like you Anna," he smiles back as he puts his forehead on mine

"I like you too Ale, I always did ever since we met, but I gotta move back! My family and friends are back in North Carolina while I'm still here in San Fransisco." I tell him as I wipe the tears off my face.

He grabs my wrist and pulled me, with a surprise kiss. I didn't want to, but I had to push him off. It was painful. 

"I told you it was only a temporary stay, since my dad had a project." I remind him 

"Its okay, We can't do anything." He keeps a long face "Oh, we might move there too one day since my dad might be deployed in the east coast. North Carolina is the East Coast?"

"I gotta go, my parents are already there and my flight is already boarding." I begin to cry again. 

"bye Anna," he lets go of my hand 

End of flashback

"OMG I REMEMBERED! ALEJANDRO! HE WAS THE BOY I WAS TALKING ABOUT TO YOU GUYS!" I exclaim. "So his dad really got deployed here." 

"you mean the cute one, the one you keep on sending pictures of in 5th, 6th, and 7th grade? The one that gave you your first kiss you never told anyone but m-"Cleo continued until I cut her off.

"girl shut up. I was gonna tell Val and Syd, but thanks for telling it for them." I scoff. "Also sorry for not telling you guys."

"it's ok, but did you tell Joey?" Sydney asked

"noooooooooo," I dragged.

"really, you didn't?" everyone said in sync 

"I was scared and he was already dating someone at the time, and that was like 3 years ago, I forgotten about him" I explained. 

We just kept on talking and watched tv until we all fell asleep, I didn't so I drew on everyone's faces and went to sleep.

I woke up to Valerie because she was in the bathroom screaming, " who the fuck drew a penis on my head! And also drew a mustache too!" Everyone got up and I was just on the couch, sleeping my ass always hoping I won't get caught, and hid inside the other bathroom with my phone so they can't actually destroy something. The were screaming and was kicking the door until I opened it. As I opened it, they grabbed me and marked my face with ink. 

We ate breakfast and I had to go home already. I needed a ride even though Joey's house was like a few blocks away. I really didn't want to walk carrying all of my stuff, but I had to. 

When I was walking back, I stopped by my house to get some stuff because I had the key and I didn't want to carry some stuff. I also dropped off some of my things there. When going inside, I checked the mail and see a letter from alejandro. How does he know though? I opened the letter and it said, 

"Dear Anna,
Remember me, Alejandro? I know it's been like 2 years already since you left, but I was your best friend in San Francisco for like 3 years. Well, I kept my promise, and just as i thought, my dad got deployed here! What school do you go to? I'm gonna be going to Lincoln I guess. Hope you'll be there! Btw, I've been checking around social media and I guess you have a really famous best friend! Hope I can be friends with him and the rest of all of your friends.  I saw you yesterday when you were walking somewhere and in a car with someone, you still looked the same from before but more beautiful.
       From,
               Alejandro

Wow! I can't believe it! He remembers me too! I only notice now but I feel bad because my school is like crazy up in there, he might be like Anastasia. I don't know if he changed or not but he still sounds the same.

flashback 

"leave me alone, why are you leaving? I thought you'll stay for the rest of the year?" Ale pushes me away

"I can't I gotta go home, my mom is there waiting, along with my best friend," I sigh.

"I though I was your best friend," he turns back to look at me 

"I have other friends and another life," I get a little pissed

"please don't, I know there's more people there you know but just remember you also had a life here," a tear runs down his cheek.

"I'm staying for 1 more week," I turn around to not face him. 

"it's okay , I'll miss you," he mumbles

End of flashback

I got out of the house and check everything if it was locked. When the Birlems are not home, I sneak into my own home and do some house maintenance so my parents wouldn't get mad at me if they saw the house all rustic and dirty. As I was going out, I see Alejandro. I didn't want him to see me since I never brushed my hair and I was in pajamas. So I hid behind one of the bushes. The coast was clear and so I went inside the gate panting, hoping he didn't see me.

I checked his Instagram, and he had pictures of a girl and him. There was cute pictures of them which i don't know how to feel. I am happy for him though. I see who that girl is and she has a lot of supporters that post a lot of musicallys with her and Alejandro kissing. Wow, did not see that coming.

When I finished, I walked back to the Birlems. Joey came up to me and told me to get the door but I was all the way in my room, so he did it himself. He let someone in and it was a different voice I've never heard. I peeped out of my door with just only my eyes to check who it was. It was Alejandro.... What is he doing here?!