Why

Joey's  POV

So everyone was asleep already, so I sneaked into the bathroom to try cool off. But the voice in my head telling me not to trust anyone and I'm stupid for ever believing my ex. I look at myself in the mirror. worthless. stupid. fucking bullshit. What is wrong with my life? My parents are divorcing, I fell in love with a girl that got issues thinking I would be able to "fix" her, getting jealous that my best friend kissed another dude that just comes out of nowhere. she doesn't even like me at all, yet I manage to fall for her.

I continue to looked at myself in the mirror. I saw disappointment and regrets in my eyes. Then I started to tear up. I slam my fist onto the counter. Until I hear the shatter. That's it. I threw that broken vanity mirror off the counter. My knuckles bleed. I'm insane.

I slide down onto the bathroom floor. the floor is scattered with shards of glass. What the hell is wrong with me?

I hear someone walking in the corridor, until the footsteps stop. Anna opened the door to me on the floor. I feel the blood pool on the floor and the disappointment or sorrow in her eyes as she stares at me. Her attempt to try make humor was kinda cute, until she addressed that the vanity mirror was hers. 

She talks about things to me, then walks away to grab some slippers. This girl really tried walking into the bathroom barefoot. I actually had the will to get up and help her. I give her a hand and she yanks it and runs it in water under the sink. 

I ask her the stupidest question, once I notice that it sound stupid as it left my mouth. Of course Alejandro is not her boyfriend. But she continued to talk sense into me, like always. 

Yet, as she works on helping me with my hand, I admire her and realize what she says is true. I remember the time she'd get angry and depressed on not having a "normal life" and she'd use her eyebrow razor to self-harm. But I would be there to talk her out of it, even though I know that she still has dreading ideas about her situation. 

Why can't we just date? I just wanted her, but I feel she doesn't want me to be hers. I need a vacation, from everything that has happened. Just far away from here. No drama following me at all. I'm done.