Sad Depression

So it's been weeks already since staying at Joey's house because "mommy and daddy are away." The Birlems had family problems so I just stayed in the guest room until I felt comfortable going out. Mom was doing a medical rescue mission in Southeast Asian counties and Dad is trying to make some business deal with some company, or else we lose the house. With that being said, I stayed with Joey, Sophie, and auntie Jen. As the problems in the 1st chapter, Auntie Jen is going through the process of being divorced. The kids were heart broken and Joey's mom already moved on. Scott and Bella were old enough to bear with the burden, but Joey and Soph were not having it. 

"Joey, you good?" I pat his shoulder while in the awkward situation. 

"yeah, I'm fine," He looks down as he starts tearing up. 

"Joey, I know you feel heart broken but Auntie Jen already moved on," I reassure him

"well I can't move on," he pushes my hand off his shoulder

"ok I'll just head out and buy some food from the store." I stood up after he did that. "Just text me if you need anything."

"thank you for being the best supporting friend there is" he tears up even more before I head out of his room. 

"that's why I'm here for you" I frown. As i'd like to say, #friendzone

I go out and Joey's mom comes over and asks to talk to me, which scared me since when we "talk" its not really good news. Its more of a "wanna chit chat" thing that keeps me assured.  

"yeah auntie Jen?" I answer and close the door infront of me.  

"I know you're parents are gonna be away for a long time and it's almost spring break. So I planned to go to Europe during break so you can see your parents before you're stuck with us for the next few months."

"Really? We can stop by my house and check on stuff and get the rest of my things." I kinda squeal until I remember the situation. "Thx Auntie Jen."

"No problem, you can tell Joey and Sophie," she cracks a smile. 

"Okay, I'm gonna walk to the store to buy food. I don't wanna cook that's why," I smile

Atleast having to see my parents before never seeing them again for months is reassuring. It just went from seeing only my mom every midnight and seeing my dad every few weeks just to only seeing them on facetime if lucky for the next few months after the Europe Trip. I know that I should be grateful for my parents, but the Birlems has been more of a family to me than my own. 

When I got home, I brought pizza for everyone and chips for me to eat in my room. Everyone ate the pizza, which I was glad that there wasn't any waste. 

"Joey I need to tell you something," I catch up to Joey who leaves the kitchen once everyone cleans up.

"what?"he asks rudely as he continues to walk up the stairs

"you know how spring break is coming up soon yea," I ask him. 

"yea, and what about it?" he questions. 

"we're gonna go to The UK for the break," I answer. He turns around with a blank look. 

"whatever." He rolls his eyes at me. "Did you tell Sophie, she'll be happy because she can see British boys."

"not yet," I grin with his reply of being concern for Soph. "I'm gonna tell her now." 

"Wait don't leave me I see your hair and it looks like it gives me the feeling to play with it for some reason." He turns again 

"what the heck?" I look at him weirdly. "You're weird."

"No you're weird." He pokes my stomach

We played around and tackled each other until he went to the bathroom and I had to snuck of his room cuz he wouldn't let me out of his room.