"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Emily growled.

Stefan shook his head quickly as he stared at the oldest Gilbert. "No. No, none of this is okay, Emily," he told the brunette.

"Are there any others, aside from you and Damon?" Elena questioned quietly as a silence fell over the trio.

Stefan shook his head, "not in Mystic Falls; not anymore."

"Not anymore?" Elena questioned in confusion.

Stefan nodded his head once as he thought for a moment before he explained, "there was a time when this town was... very much aware of vampires, and it didn't end well for anybody." Stefan glanced between the two sisters with seriousness shining through his green eyes, "that's why it's important that you don't tell anyone, either of you."

Elena glanced at her sister before she turned back to Stefan and stated, "I can't promise that."

"Elena," Stefan spoke softly as he reached across the table and placed her small hand into his two large ones, "give me today." He glanced over at the older sister as he continued, "I will answer any questions that you have, and when it's over, you can decide for yourself what you wanna do with what you know. It'll be your choice."

Emily glanced over at her sister, and saw Elena was staring hard at the table as she avoided looking into Stefan's green eyes. The only thing Emily wanted was the truth, and Stefan was the only way she could have that. So she looked up at the younger Salvatore with determination in her eyes, "we'll listen." He never gave off that Emily couldn't trust him, so she decided this was the only option to be able to protect her family.

An awkward silence well over the trio as they rode through Mystic Falls in Elena's car while Stefan directed from the passenger seat. Neither sister knew if they could still trust Stefan. What was there to say when you find out your friend is a vampire? Emily didn't know what to think as she sat in the backseat, all she knew was that she wanted to know everything. She needed to know if she would have to protect her family even more with the knowledge of vampires in the small town.

Stefan suddenly broke the silence as he called out, "stop here."

Once Elena pulled the car to a stop, Emily jumped out and began to look around. All she could see was woods and what looks to be the remains of an old building. Emily turned to Stefan as she questioned confusingly, "you aren't planning to kill us, are you?"

Even though the situation was serious, Stefan couldn't help but let a small chuckle as he shook his head. "I want to show you guys something," he explained.

"In the middle of nowhere?" Elena questioned as slowly moved closer towards her sister.

"This," Stefan spoke as he began to look around, "didn't use to be nowhere. Used to be my home."

"It looks so..." Elena trailed off, not knowing what to call it.

"Old?" Stefan questioned. "It's because they are," he responded.

Emily carefully began to walk around the woods as she saw bricks barely standing. She noticed an off white broken statue, so made her way towards it. Emily's brows furrowed as she noticed how old it looked. She turned to Stefan and questioned, "this has to be over 100 years old... so am I getting warmer on your real age?"

"You're close," Stefan nodded his head as he commented. "I've been 17 years old since 1864," he explained.

"Oh, my God," Elena mumbled in disbelief as she reached for her sister's hand and held on tightly. Emily squeezed her sister's hand back just as tightly. Even though she had guessed his real age, Emily didn't think she was going to right. So she was secretly freaking out at the realization that her friend was over 100 years old, but she had to stay calm for her sister.