"When I first moved here, I stayed at the Salvatore boarding house," the older man explained.

"Oh," Elena commented softly.

"Stefan was just passing through to visit his uncle," the man continued. "I mean, none of us knew he was even here until the attack," he added.

"The attack?" Emily asked.

"His uncle got killed," the man explained, "mauled by an animal in the woods."

"His uncle?" Elena questioned, "Zach?"

"Mm-mmm," the man shook his head. "Joseph," he clarified.

Emily looked at the man in confusion. She didn't understand, she knew every resident that lived in Mystic Falls in her lifetime. The only Salvatore she always knew was Zach, even though he kept more to himself. Emily shook her head as she looked at the man with furrowed brows, "I don't think I'm familiar with the story."

"Oh, how could you?" The man shook his head, "I mean, this happened years ago."

Before anyone could say anything more, Tiki suddenly walked up towards the older man. "Grandpa, you gotta go. Mom want you home. Okay?" She told the man softly.

The older man looked at his granddaughter before he nodded his head and slowly turned around. Tiki looked over at the Gilbert sisters as she asked, "he wasn't bugging you guys, was he? He's a little alzy-heimer."

Emily gave Tiki a small friendly smile as she stood up, "no, he's very sweet. Can you watch the cashier for a moment, Tiki?" Once Tiki nodded her head, Emily grabbed her sister's hand and hurried after the older man. Emily was beyond confused what the man was talking about and she wanted the whole story.

"Excuse me, sir," Emily called out softly. Once the man turned around, Emily asked, "are you sure the man you saw, the man you knew, was Stefan Salvatore?"

The man nodded his head, "yes. I remember his ring and his brother - "

"Damon?" Elena questioned.

"Yeah," the man nodded his head, " Stefan and Damon Salvatore."

Emily didn't understand how this man knew the Salvatore brothers and knew their uncle, that wasn't Zach, who has been living the boarding house for the last seventeen years. "When did this all happen?" Emily asked.

"It was early June, 1953," the man responded. He thought for a moment before he nodded his head, "yeah. June, 1953."

Emily quickly looked over at her sister when the older man walked away. Both of the girls had their eyes widened in shock. How could that be? But one thing was for sure, Emily was going to find out the truth somehow.

Emily quickly looked over at her sister once the older man walked away. Both of the girls were in shock as what the man confessed. But how could that be when that was over fifty years ago? Emily knew one thing was for sure, she was going to do whatever she could to know the whole truth.

Emily was slowly walking around the parking lot, making sure that the whole event was running smoothly, and thankfully everything was in order. She suddenly glanced around the benched and was surprised when she saw that her aunt was still her. Emily remember that Jenna's car was one of the very first ones to have been washed. She walked towards the bench where Jenna was sitting with Elena and questioned in confusion, "why are you still here?"

"My car isn't done yet," Jenna told her oldest niece.

"Um, yes it is. It was done hours ago," Emily told her aunt.

Jenna avoided looking into Emily green eyes she mumbled stubbornly, "no it isn't."

"Hi," Logan greeted as he walked up to the three girls. He looked towards the left of Jenna and questioned, "Elena, right?" Once Elena nodded her head, Logan turned towards Jenna's right as he stated, "and that would mean, you're Emily."