Chapter sixteen: Sasha and me

Mikasa's p.o.v

I've never really understood the concept of sleepovers, I haven't understood why it's such a big deal. But I hoped to learn why it was a big deal tonight, all the girls in my class were going to Mina's house for a sleepover. Sasha had told me Mina is rich, and that her house is enormous. I was sitting in math class, helping Sasha study for the upcoming test. When Jean suddenly put his hand on my shoulder.
"Can I help you with something?" I asked, turning my head to face Jean.
"So I heard all the girls were going to a sleepover, mind taking some pictures for me?"
"Ew, stop it you creep! Take your hand away from my friend" Sasha slapped Jean's hand. At that moment I realised how much love I felt for that goofy, food loving brunette. I couldn't help but smile at how beautiful Sasha was, her brown hair falling perfectly across her face, her brown eyes sparkling with happiness and silliness. Jean glared at Sasha, and she just ignored him.
"How can you deal with so much, I don't know, weird things?" I asked quietly when Jean had left.
"I've been dealing with weird things my whole life, honey" Sasha smiled and winked at me. I giggled at what she had said and shrugged it off, then we continued doing math.

Most of the girls had brought their stuff for the sleepover to school, but unfortunately Sasha had forgot her stuff at home. So I was gonna accompany her home and then to Mina's house, since I didn't know the way there.

So we went to Sasha's house, or, it was a rather small apartment.
"Home sweet home I guess" Sasha shrugged. We stepped into the apartment after Sasha had opened the sluggish door, she told me to take off my shoes so she could show me the small space where Sasha spent her time when she wasn't in school. We went into her room, she shared a small room with what seemed like a sister. There was a bunk bed in the room.
"So this is my room that I share with my little sister, Lilly" she said as she swung a bag over her shoulder. We went around the apartment, it was Sasha's and Lilly's room, the bathroom, the living room and kitchen was connected.
"Where does your parents sleep?" I asked.
"My dad sleeps on the couch-bed" Sasha answered, looking down at her feet.
"Are your parents divorced?"
"No..my mom died giving birth to Lilly..."
This was the first time I had seen Sasha outside of her goofiness bubble.
"I'm so sorry Sasha.." I pulled her into a hug.
"If you want, you and your family can stay at my house. It's pretty big for a family of three, so I'm sure you and your family could fit in" I said, being desperate to help my best friend, but also my crush.
"Really?" Sasha asked pulling away from the hug.
"Of course, I'll ask my parents" I smiled warmly at her, and she smiled back.

OH MY FRICK FRACKING GOD. 600+ READS??? SERIOUSLY WOAH I I'M SHOOK