Chapter five: packing

Mikasa's p.o.v

"We've came to a conclusion, we're moving to Krolva Rose, there's a nice high school there. It's called Rose high school" mom said as I walked downstairs.
"How nice, when are we moving?" I asked. I was pretty relived that we were moving from this shitty city.
"Around next week, so start packing and cleaning your stuff, dear" my dad said.
"Okay, I'll start packing and cleaning when I've taken something to eat, I'm starving" I said and chuckled. I took something to eat and went upstairs to my room. I started playing some music, and took a bite of the sandwich I made. I got out my suitcase from my closet and started packing my clothes that I wasn't gonna use in the next few days. I took some cardboard boxes out of the closet and started packing down stuff, I wrapped my porcelain animals in many layers of protecting paper and bubble wrap. Finally I'm getting out of this city, I feel relived to finally leave. To start over in a new city, it feels good to think about it. I danced around a little to the music, I felt the corners of my mouth rising. I was happy, I haven't been smiling or being happy in a while. I sang along to the song, it's in Japanese so I could kinda understand it. I wasn't thinking of Fred or school or anything bad. Just dancing along to the music, moving around and packing my stuff to get out of this city.