Chapter seven: starting school

Mikasa's p.o.v

It's finally Monday! I'm so ready to go to school!! When I woke up I almost flew out of bed, got dressed and ate my breakfast in less than ten minutes. I brushed my teeth and put on my coat.
"I'm off to school!" I yelled happily when I went out the door. I swung my backpack over my shoulder and started walking to school. I was overwhelmed with happiness that I smiled, I smiled in public. When I entered the school it looked really modern. Apparently I always have home class as first lesson on Mondays, lucky me. Now, where is my home classroom? I looked around me and everything looked so unfamiliar.
"Hi there!" I heard a voice say behind me.
"You look like you're new here" it was a female voice. I turned around to face the person with the lovely voice and there she was. The girl I had drawn a few days ago. Brown hair and brown eyes, her hair was up in a ponytail and she had a hoodie where it said "fries before guys". She was oddly attractive. She giggled, "are you just gonna stand there or what?" Her smile was so welcoming.
"Oh uh.. sorry" I smiled but couldn't help to look at her. She has blue jeans and black shoes.
"Do you need help finding your classroom?"
Can she read my mind?!
"Yeah, I have homeroom now"
"I guessed, my home teacher said that we'd get a new girl in our home class, that must be you" she giggled again.
"Oh and my name is Sasha by the way, what's yours?"
"Oh well.. my name is Mikasa"
"You have such a cool name Mikasa! Nice to meet ya!" And with that, I have gotten a new friend.