"Told me what?" I asked and stepped on the gas.

"Um... he invited you."

"Invited me to what?"

"From what the card said when mom read it, 'Ashton D. Glover: You are invited to take part in the holy union of Christian James and Iman Watts." She read slowly.

"Oh." I said simply and turned the corner.

"Oh... I tell you this, and you give me an 'oh'. If it was me I'd show up and show the fuck out! Let him know what he missed out on!" Danielle screamed.

"I'm not about to worry about that boy. The past is in the past."

I lied. I was worrying a little.

Did I still love him? No. But was I still hurt? Yes. Hell yes, actually. You can never really get over someone you've dealt with for years.

"I think you still care a little but, okay. I'm gonna get going. Ya girl gotta get packing." She hummed into the phone.

"I'll see you tomorrow then Dani. Love you, ugly."

She chuckled, "I love you too, fat head."

I smiled and ended the call, finally deciding to go to a decent looking cafe that was a few blocks down.

As soon as I got inside I checked my phone and saw a text from Justin that was probably sent to me while I was in the phone:

Justin🙃😗:
How are you? I haven't heard from you in a minute. Wanted to check up.

I smiled at the message and rolled my eyes.

Ashton:
I'm good. Working and stuff. Hope everything's going good.

One thing that was a given about Justin was that he was a complete softy sometimes and I loved it.

He kept trying to talk about the almost kiss that happened at the hotel and it was something that I was working hard to avoid. I was not trying to get caught up with him no matter how cute he was.

Justin🙃😗:
Its all good.

Justin🙃😗:
I miss you though...

Justin🙃😗:
Probably shouldn't have said that but idc 😅

Justin🙃😗:
I wanna see you.

I read the text and bit my lip. I didn't know how to respond to that. He's been very affectionate since we've worked together.

Always checking up on me, making sure I'm good-- even sending flowers... and we've only gone a day without seeing each other. I'm pretty sure I couldn't mean that much to him this soon.

"Ashton?" A deep voice said from behind me and I instantly froze.

I wanted to shut down, I wanted to hide, run; do anything to get away from his voice. I didn't even have to turn around to know that voice.

He came and stood on the side of me to get a better look at my face.

"H-hey, Christian..." I stuttered and put my phone down, I was taken back my the fact of him being in front of me, and how much he's changed physically.