Chapter 5

Trust within thy vision,
Believe in what you think is true,
Halt the mind and heart's collision
Never let illusions fool you.
••••••••••

Demanding for answers, she firmly asked.

Zalia, instead of answering, remained silent. She badly wants to tell Xia the truth, the whole story, but doing that may only worsen things.

"Who is Angelicce?" Xia repeated. She knew something's not right. And she wants to find out what that is.

"Angelicce is one of the Choisiara. Choisiara are the ones who maintain Dreaux' balance." Zalia truthfully said. She has no choice but to tell some of the truth because if she lies, it'll just mess things up.

"Where are they? Where is she? Why is her name being called?" Not satisfied with Zalia's answer, she asked another set of questions that may satisfy her.

"It's hard to find something that doesn't need finding. Follow your heart; curiosity will lead you to where you should be." And because of Zalia's answer, another puzzle has formed in her mind.

Zalia has called it a night and headed to her room to get some rest. Xia haven't left the living room for she was still thinking.

What mystery lies within this place?

The mystery of Dreaux is making her want to follow her curiosity even more. But there's something stopping her from doing so. Being too curious may lead her to danger—will lead her to danger. And that's what stopping her. She doesn't know if she's ready to face the so called danger brought by curiosity...

After contemplating, she got up the couch and went to the kitchen. She's quenched so she took the pitcher from the fridge and poured some water into the glass and drank it.

After drinking a glass of cold water, she then went to the room where Zalia has told her to sleep. Her room is at the 2nd door to her right while Zalia's room is at the first door to her left.

Her eyes roamed around the room when she entered. The room wasn't small nor big, as a matter of fact, it was just right for her. She then slumped herself on the soft and comfy bed.

When she was about to fall into a deep slumber, a ball of light came flashing in the room.

The frolicsome ball of light was blinding her. It was too bright for her eyes to see. And it was everywhere. If only she could put a halt to it but she couldn't.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the depths of Dreaux, a beautiful maiden is mischievously smiling at the disturbance she has made. To her, seeing Xia disturbed and confused makes her want to snicker.

Her mischievous smile matches the dark aura of her appearance. Her short black hair that has blue highlights that goes perfectly with her violet eyes.

She has always had the desires on ruling Dreaux but unfortunately, because of her being untruthful, greedy and selfish, she wasn't enthroned. Even if she looks like a deity, she's still inappropriate to be the ruler of Dreaux and that's because of her rotten individuality. But no one knows the agony she has been through.

But that mischievous smile of her disappeared when she saw someone in Xia's room that seems to be countering her spell. Someone turned her dark enchantment into a good one which made her angry.

Xia still doesn't know what to do nor what to feel. Suddenly, the ball of light stopped moving and remained in front of her.

Cautiously, she slowly crawled on her bed towards the ball of light. When she got near, she saw something inside the ball of light. Different images of strangers were inside the ball of light.

She looked even closer and saw herself breaking some sort of object.

What is that?

And different images of people she isn't familiar with are shown within it.

Who are they? What are they doing?

Questions are forming inside her mind; mysteries are adding up.

She poked the ball of light and it changed color, it turned blue, and is now dripping. She was shocked because she turned it into a water orb without knowing how she did such thing.

Inside the water orb, different places were shown. She saw the magical waters, and the forest of short and stout trees. But unfortunately, that's all the places she's familiar with, the others, she haven't seen them yet.

"What is this thing?" A question in her mind that doesn't have any answer, but eager to find one. She knows the answer would be abstruse, like the orb itself.

Once again, she poked the orb but nothing happened so she tried again. She was about to give up when it suddenly turned into a ball of flame, but it didn't lasted long.

Suddenly it quickly changed constantly into different colors and gradually becoming brighter and brighter.

She then thought of this ridiculous idea of grabbing it, and so she did.

She stretched out her arms and tried to reach for it and succeeded. When she got a hold of the orb, it was then absorbed by her which made her scream. Still haven't recover from it, she was completely taken aback by the shadow in her room. It appears to be a shadow of a man.

The shadow turned to her and slowly walked towards her. Not knowing what to do, Xia continued moving backwards until she reached the end of the bed. She then grabbed the pillows and threw it to him but it just went through him. When the shadow reached the other end of the bed, it went to its side and that made Xia jump off of the bed.

"Don't come anymore closer to me! I'm warning you!" She shouted, hiding her fear and replacing it with fake bravery.

But the shadow didn't listened to what she said. Instead, it came closer but stopped and a 1 meter gap between them, remained.

Xia was breathing heavily and her heart was pounding fast like it's about to explode any minute.

They stayed in that position for a long time; nobody bothered to move nor talk.

Xia was stuck between asking who he is and remaining silent. She's eager to know some things. She's willing to unravel the mystery on her own.

Then the shadow reached out his arms as he reveals himself. Slowly, the shadow is becoming a man, it started from the foot. And when it finally reached his mouth, he then shouted "Help! Help me!"