Chapter 44

"Why didn't you tell her the truth?" Asks Lu, still staring at the book that's now resting in his hands again.

I shrug. "Just in case, you know?" He raises an eyebrow at me and I sigh. "In case of her managing to escape or whatever. No one needs to know that I am the Queen. After that more than just stupid thing I did, it would be rather embarrassing to tell anyone who I am anyway."

He places the Maho on a small table and steps closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Don't worry about that." He whispers in my ear. "Everything is going to be alright."

"Yeah, that's why we're here, right? To  find a way to kill your brother or now more like ex brother and the b*tch we call Head. The root of all evil. Or the head of all evil, if you know what I mean." I tell him with a wink and can't help but chuckle at my own bad joke.

"Yes." He tells me before pressing a kiss on my forehead. "We're here to find a way to kill them both and make everything great again. To find out what's the right thing to do and what we'll do after they're dead."

"We need a plan?"

"Killing them is the easy part." He says and thinking about it, I nod in agreement.

Of course I know that we need to plan everything through, I'm not stupid. If you kill the two people at the top of the ladder, people are going to ask questions. I mean... I am the queen but if I don't want everything to fall apart, I need a good reason to cover up story.

Also... Do I want to just go back on my throne and act like nothing ever happened?

I don't know.

I mean someone has to do the job, right?

And me being that someone is much safer than trusting someone else. You can't really trust anyone anyway.

"Amanda?" He says again and I blink a few times before looking at him with a small smile plastering my lips.

"Hm?"

He shakes his head and hands me the book. "We should have a look at what she wrote inside, don't you think?"

I nod my head and plop down on the floor, my eyes not leaving the cover of the book once. In the corner of my eyes, I see Lu sitting down next to me. I take a deep breath before opening the book. As expected, the page is blank so I close my eyes and place my hand above the page, letting the palm of my hand face it.

I feel the comfortable prickling sensation of my magic running through my body and lead it with the power of my mind right into the hand above the book. I take in another deep breath and hear the pages of the book turn while a weird feeling of numbness overcomes me.

My brain feels like it's hot and cold at the same time and it's like I'm not even here. It's like I'm watching a movie right in front of my eyes, I guess that's what Fatima 'told' the book. Everything she knows.

Everything she knows and everything that ever happened to her runs through my brain within seconds and I can't help but feel overwhelmed by everything.

Fatima stands in front of me with a blank expression and moves her lips, indicating that she's saying something but I can't hear anything. She then comes closer and hugs me. I take a deep breath and sounds appear, app kinds of voices. Male voices, female voices, I can't even tell them apart. But before I can focus on them, I fall right through her and fall to the ground.

I find myself next to a lake and look into the water, seeing a little girl that looks like a younger version of her. She slowly turns older while all kinds of things happen around her and all kinds of voices appear again.

At one point it slows down and I see Lu coming closer, hugging her from behind and kissing her neck. She turns around and kisses him. She pushes him onto a bed and turns to look back at me with a smirk.

I splash the image away and let out a frustrated scream.

I've seen everything, from Fatima getting hit, to her first attempts of doing magic. I know everything about her. I already knew about her an Lu but it still hurts.

I probably don't have the right to be mad, but I still am. If she wasn't dead already, I'd gladly kill her.

I wipe away the tear that escaped my eye and keep watching but at one point it stopped. After I watched myself kill her, to be exact.

I let out a sigh. "Well, that wasn't useful at all... I wanted to know about the Head and not about her s*x life. Or that she literally has no reason to be a b*tch because her life was basically close to perfect. Guess she's natural a c*nt."

Fatima's face appears in front of me one last time, a smile on her lips before everything turns black again and I feel myself falling.

"Amanda!" I hear a male voice exclaim but I can't even remember who it could be.

Everything about me seems to disappear and I can't remember anything. I can't even think properly anymore. All I know is that I am falling.

It's like not only my body is falling but more like my spirit is. Deeper than my body ever could. Deeper into the depths of the darkness and the unknown. Almost like jumping off a high cliff. Only that I still didn't hit the ground. It's like I'm falling down an endless cliff. I'm just falling and the helpless feeling won't disappear.

I try to fight against it but I can't do anything. I want to cry and scream, fight and wriggle myself out of that tight grip that seems to make me suffocate. But I can't. Because there is nothing I can fight against. And there is nothing I can move to fight with. Because I am nothing as well.

The deeper I fall the more I become one with my surroundings. I feel more and more lightheaded until I feel myself dissolve into the darkness.
-------------
Hey^^

It's still may the 3rd, hah! I still managed to update today! Aka 2 updates in a row! So proud of myself! :D

Gee I need to read this book again... I'm not quite sure about some facts xD

But hey, I guess the next few chapters are going to be quite interesting^^

Hope you'll like it~
This book will be over soon anyway^^

Tell me what you think though~

Love, hugs and kisses,

Yours Mel<3