Chapter Thirty Two: Where My Heart Lies..

Start from the beginning

As expected Suhana was on time. Fortunately Nandini was able to get ready in time. After picking Nandini from the aashram Suhana drove to the shopping hub of the city--parking her car in one of the mall Suhana drag Nandini to one of the most exquisite jewellery store of the city.

Of course that made Nandini really uncomfortable. Unlike other girls who would have jumped at the opportunity to shop from such expensive showrooms Nandini was thinking how to stop Suhana from getting her something which would be out of her family's budget. Nandini didn't wanted to burden Amms or her Chacha-Chachi with unnecessary burden.

But unfortunately today even Suhana was not in a mood to listen to her excuses. Everytime Nandini tried to stop her Suhana shrugged her attempts off. She didn't allowed Nandini to have her way at all.

Finally giving in Nandini started looking for a ring. But nothing caught her eye. She was going through some of the designs when something came into her notice.

Though it was plain and simple but it reminded her of the engagement ring that her Amma used to wear

Though it was plain and simple but it reminded her of the engagement ring that her Amma used to wear. That ring resembled her Amma's ring so much that for a second she thought maybe it was the same but of course it wasn't as..that ring was with her Amms in Mangalore.

Suhana caught Nandini eyeing the ring with such emotions on her face which made Suhana confused. So she asked Nandini what happened. Nandini told her why she was getting so emotional.

Without saying anything to Nandini Suhana said directly to the salesperson "We are taking this one" Before Nandini could say anything the salesperson went away to do all the formality.

"Suhana I can't"Nandini said shaking her head. Though Nandini hadn't seen the price but she knew that solitaires like these cost fortunes.

"Arey why not..Nothing doing Nandini..You are taking this.."Suhana said stubbornly.

"Suhana woh"Before Nandini could complete her sentence Suhana cut her in "Wo kya..that it's too expensive..and you can't afford it..you know Nandini--that's why we all love you so much --because you didn't have an any greed for OUR NAME--STATUS"

"If it would have been some other girl in your place they would have brought the entire shopping mall for her ...but look at you --you are even feeling conscious to buy your own engagement ring --just because it's too expensive--NO WONDER MY BROTHER IS CRAZY FOR YOU"

The last line which slipped out of SUHANA'S mouth made Nandini really uncomfortable.

When Nandini didn't say anything Suhana turned to look at her. Cupping her face Suhana said "I know exactly what you are thinking Nandini..but don't worry about that..because your Amms won't be paying for this--THIS ONE IS ON BHAI"

"And before you once again jump the gun let me reassure you BHAI had sorted everything. He had asked permission from your Amms..though she was not agreeing to this at first..but My BHAI is no less..somehow he managed to get his way..and Amms agreed to this"

"So there is no need for you to take all these unnecessary worry. Just relax and enjoy the ride." Suhana turned to look at the another salesperson who replaced the previous sales person.

"How much for this one..."Suhana asked the sales person. "Sorry Mam,but this one is taken"Salesperson replied sheepishly.

"What do you mean it's taken,just 5 minutes before the one of your sales person said that we can choose anything out of this as all of these are available for sale ..now when we have finally  selected one you are telling us ..this one is taken..SERIOUSLY" Suhana asked in a stern voice.

"Mam..actually that one is taken..we forget to remove it from there..if you want we can get you something similar like that..or if you want the same design we can even arrange for that but that will take us some time"Salesperson said in a low voice.

"Great--Just Perfect--You know what--Keep your rings to yourself--we won't be needing anything from your store anymore--EVER--let's go Nandini"Suhana held Nandini's hand and was about to leave.

"But Mam..you can look for some other thing too..there are other varieties available too"The manager of the store said which stopped Suhana in her track.

Dragging Nandini with her Suhana walked up to the Manager and said straight looking into her eyes "This ring had an emotional importance for my friend..and unlike your beliefs our emotions and feelings cannot be replaced or substituted. It's priceless. And in case you don't know something then let me tell you something We MALIK'S always gets the best --we don't go for alternatives"

"Now I will see to it that Nobody at least from our circle comes here to buy anything for their big day--because who knows maybe even then you will ask them to substitute their emotional day with something else."Saying this Suhana stalked out of the store taking Nandini along with her.

The moment Nandini walked away from the store with Suhana---someone walked in. The entire store was worried as they knew what MALIK'S were capable of. And there faces were enough to make that someone feel guilty.

"Mr.Manik Malhotra"the manager looked at him and welcomed with a smile--which was not touching his eyes.

"Sir here's your order"The manager extended the ring---which was chosen by Nandini--in front of him.

"I'm sorry for this mess..here charge me double"Manik said while extending his credit card.

"No sir,it's okay. We are only concerned about the negative publicity"The manager said hesitantly.

"You have my words..nobody is going to harm your reputation..not even Ms.Malik herself. I will take care of it"Manik's words were sealed with promise.

"Are you sure Sir"Manager asked in a low tone. "Trust me..you have no idea --what you all have done for me--I just asked you make sure that whatever ring Nandini choose for the first time--whatever her first choice must be --no matter how expensive that was--but whatever brings that smile on her face and shine in her eyes--I want that ring--and for that you have to stop her from buying that ring"

"You all not only helped me but also took a bullet in your back for me in form of Suhana Malik..I owe you all--now it's my turn to repay back --I will take care that Suhana not only forgives you but she all makes all the purchases from your store only---you have my word."Manik said while he kept a hand on Manager's shoulder.

"Thank you so much Sir"Now the manager smiled genuinely for the first time since Suhana and Nandini left.

"Pleasure is all mine..Now kindly pack this..so that I could leave."Manik requested.

"Sure thing Sir"Once the manager left Manik draw his attention back to the ring."I am always going to be your first Nandini..be it your Preference ,Priority or LOVE --Nobody can change that fact--Not even you"Manik said looking at the ring while smirking the whole time .

-------------------------------------------------------