Chapter Eighteen : Camouflage!!!

True friends are never apart ,maybe in the distance,but never in heart.

"Guys it's really late..I think we should call it a night..I will see you all tomorrow" Manik said while he got up from the bed and walked near the window.

"What do you mean it's late. THE MANIK MALHOTRA--who also happened to be OUR BEST FRIEND--IS GETTING MARRIED TO THE SUHANA MALIK--and you want to call it a night--ARE YOU SERIOUS MANIK."Mukti said sarcastically which made Manik roll in his eyes in annoyance.

"Do you even realise how BIG this news is MANIK..YOU--MY DEAR--AGREED TO THIS MARRIAGE--that too all of a sudden--out of the blue--I mean are you in your senses--do you have any idea what you have done--ARE YOU 100% sure about this"Alia asked in a concerned voice.

"Alia Baby, baar baar ek hi question puchne se my answer will not change--DO YOU REALISE--THAT THIS IS 100th TIME YOU HAVE ASKED ME THIS QUESTION "Manik smirked.

"Cut the Crap Buddy..tumhe ye mazaak lag raha hai..WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT YOU"Dhruv replied sternly.

"Yaar Meri shadi Ho rahi hai ..sarhad pe nai jaa raha Mai Jung larne "Manik shot back.

"Abhi nai lagega ye tujhe mere dost..but bahut jald your opinion will change and that time you will say ki kaash mai jung ladne hi chala Gaya Hota..wo issey kahi better tha"Cabir mocked.

"SHUT UP CABIR"all four of them replied in unison. And just a second later they all burst out laughing.

"On a serious note guys..I am perfectly fine..and I know what I am doing. But I know I behaved rudely today by walking out on you guys ..and then disappeared for 3 hours ..and when I returned instead of informing you about my return I and telling you where I was I dropped this bomb on you all. I know I am fault."

"But guys you all need to trust me on this. I am completely aware about my actions. I know what I am doing. So please just stand by me like you all have always done. And I promise I won't repeat this behaviour ever again. I love you all. You all mean world to me. Please forgive me. I am really really sorry "Manik's voice dropped at the last line.

"It's okay buddy..we understand..even we over reacted..it's just everything happened at such a past face that we didn't know how to react. But anyways we all are very happy for you" Dhruv said smilingly.

"Really" Manik smiled too . "Of course you idiot..how can we not be "Mukti scolded him once again but this time with a smile on her face.

"After all our BEST FRIEND is getting married..how can we not be" Alia said chirping.

"I want to see you all first thing in the morning. Wo kya hai virtual hugs are not my thing." Manik said making a face.

"You got it.WE ALL WILL SEE YOU TOMORROW "Dhruv replied.

"Chalo you take rest tonight because Kal Waise bhi you need all the energy in the world--because you have some serious explaining to do" Cabir said in such a tone which caught Manik's attention. Manik knew the meaning of his words so he just nodded.

So after wishing good bye to each other they all got off the video calling. And the very next moment Manik threw his phone on the bed and turned to gaze at the stars.

And he can take it no more. He looked at his hand once again and closed his eyes so that the events from last night can flash in front of him and he could drown into that happily--as that was the only way he could get close --to her.

-------------------------------------------------------