Chapter Eight:Preceptor

A good teacher is like a candle--it consumes itself to light the way for others.

Being nervous is a major part of life that everyone has to deal with at times. Some people are more nervous than others, but we all get nervous about certain things — for example, having to perform in front of a crowd makes most people nervous.

Getting interviewed for a job is a nervous experience. When the stock market keeps going up or down, you could say it's a nervous stock market. But nothing in the world could compare to the nervousness that was radiating off SIDDHANTH MALIK.

Siddhanth was known for his patience. He had the most calm persona that the people of the town has ever witnessed.

But of course the current situation represents a different scenario altogether. If those same people saw him today they won't believe that they are looking at the same person.

Because today nothing can cool him down,nothing can calm his anxious heart beats which were beating at a different pace altogether,nothing can soothe his pulse rate--NOTHING.

And it had nothing to do with fear--No--NOT AT ALL--He was not scared of his GURUMA--but the real reason behind his apprehension was that he was scared to fail her as a student.

For Guruma all his students were equal irrespective of their social status. She used to judge them on the basis of their talent and not on the basis of their bank balances--this was one of the skills that Kishori passed on to her students--the ability and talent to see and treat everyone equally.

Just like her other students Siddhanth had a special place for her in his heart. She was his second mother. She not only taught him music but she also taught him the ability to practically apply the lessons of music in his life.

She taught him how to live through MUSIC. She made him understood that just like the seven musical notes combine together to create different harmonies--be it songs,raaga or taal--similarly it depends completely on a person's  ability to synch with the situation that surrounds him and how he deals with it and gets out of it defines the true nature of a person.

Kishori Murthy played a very important and crucial role in carving Siddhanth's profile--be it personal or professional. And now he was scared that he might end up doing something preposterous that might jeopardise his image on front of one of the most important woman of his life.

He was scared as hell but of course for people who have always see him calm and composed were finding it hard to keep a straight face because of his estranged behaviour. And of course how can his son not be one of them.

Arman was having the time of his life watching his father behaving like a lunatic. Though he knew that his father had his own reasons for behaving differently but of course that was not enough for Arman to feel pity on his father.

He was simply having the time of his life. He wanted to record all this that was going on but of course he didn't wanted to end up getting killed by his own father.

So finally the moment came which made Siddhanth more nervous and Arman almost jump in excitement--the moment when they reached the aashram where Kishori and her family was staying.

They got out of the car and walked to the reception of the aashram. But before they could ask anything the owner of the aashram greeted them. After all it's not everyday that Mr. Siddhanth Malik walk into his aashram.

The owner took them into his office and asked them have a seat. Then he left his manager to make sure that the MALIK'S were properly settled in and to make them comfortable while he himself left to inform Kishori about Siddhanth's arrival.

The next 10 minutes proved to be the most anxious 10 minutes of Siddhanth's life as he was becoming more and more nervous with the passage of time . However those similar 10 minutes were the most entertaining 10 minutes of Arman's life as he was watching his father keeping a straight face.

Good or worse who knows but finally those 10 minutes came to an end when finally the door of the room opened.

Both Siddhanth and Arman got up from their seats while the owner followed by few people entered the room.

Siddhanth was about to ask the owner about her when he stopped in his tracks as finally his eyes meet those pair of eyes which only had warmth and adulation for him.

------------------------------------------------------