Chapter Seven: Life On The Other Side...

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you,as you are to them.

"What the hell Suhana..I have been calling you from past three hours--would you please like to tell me the reason why were you dodging my calls"Arman yelled as he entered her room.

But unfortunately even this time also his efforts were in pain because Suhana wasn't in the room. He shook his head in annoyance "Where did she go now..God ye ladki bhi na"saying this he was about to leave when he heard the sound of door of the bathroom .

He turned around to find Suhana walking out . But he couldn't say anything because he was too shocked--too stunned--to react.

He couldn't believe own eyes--what was happening right in front of him was something that he thought was IMPOSSIBLE.

Suhana--his baby sister--was all dressed up. She was wearing an Designer Indian attire which their mothers has specially got designed for her for this occasion --but that wasn't the real reason which made Arman speechless.

MAKE UP--SUHANA MALIK--THE ULTIMATE QUEEN OF SIMPLICITY --WAS WEARING MAKE UP.

She was all dolled up. Only her hair was left--but apart from that today she was looking so beautiful that she could easily give any top model of the country a run for their money.

Suhana obviously expected this reaction from Arman as she knew him too well. He knew how much she hated getting dressed up. So it was pretty obvious that her decision to look like a princess tonight will definitely send shockwaves to her brother.

So rolling her eyes she flicked her fingers in front of him to snap him out of his LALA-LAND which fortunately for her worked as Arman's trance got broken and he got back to the real world.

"Are you done staring me--if yes toh kindly step aside you are blocking my way BHAI." Suhana said mockingly.

"Of course my princess" Even Arman played along and like a knight he bowed down while taking a step back. Then he moved his left hand in air gesturing her that he has made way for her and now she can pass by him. His act made Suhana smiled and playing along she walked passing him after nodding her in agreement once.

While Suhana sat right in front of her dressing table and picked up the curling iron to set her hair for the evening Arman picked up an apple and walked towards her. He stood next to the dressing table and took a bite of the apple.

"Will you please tell me what's going on--and before you can give me some crap that it's our parents 30th wedding anniversary--let me tell you I already know that--but that's not what I am asking--all I want to know since when you started loving dressing up--what's the occasion--as far as I know you don't like parties at all--then why all this--what made you change your mind"Arman's curiosity was piqued --way too much.

"It's always nice to meet new people na bhai ...and in case you are forgetting WE ARE MALIK'S ..we do everything in style" she replied while she again got busy in curling her straight hairs .

"Are you sure bas yahi reason hai for you to get so excited and acting like a teenage brainless bimbo.." Arman took a bite of the apple and slopped on her bed.

"Shut up bhai"Suhana threw her a nasty look through the mirror. "First and foremost I am not acting like a teenage brainless bimbo--because woh department to unn ladkiyo ke liye reserve hai who goes out with you..nai "Suhana asked Arman too sweetly while shaking her head just once.

Arman threw a pillow at her which she dodged too easily and continued "And second of all why shouldn't I be excited--after all it's our parents anniversary--their 30th Wedding Anniversary--in today's world how many marriages does last this long and that too with so much of love and respect for each other--it's a proud moment for us too bhai..don't you think so"