Chapter Seventeen: Love Me Like You Do..

Sometimes,someone comes into your life ,so unexpectedly,takes you heart,by surprise,and changes your life forever.

"Nandu chal aa khana lag gaya hai"Chachi peeped inside her room to find Nandini staring at the stars through her window. But there was something else that got Shanno's attention. Nandini was holding a jar of fireflies in her hand.

These fireflies had a great significance in Nandini's life. Nandini's mother always used to tell her stories about fireflies. Her mother used to say that WHERE THERE IS FIREFLIES THEY CELEBRATE TRUE LOVE AND WHEN THERE IS TRUE LOVE THEY GLOW.

Nandini has always believed in this. These fireflies has a special place in her heart because through them only she could feel the presence of her mother in her life. Whenever Nandini experienced any kind of extreme emotions be it happy or gloomy these fireflies always calmed her down because she used to feel that through them her mother was calming her nerves down.

So today when Shanno saw her holding this jar she knew that Nandini was going through some deep emotions. Shanno knew the reason behind Nandini's feelings. After all today she came to know that her Amms had fixed her marriage with Arman--a guy about whom she knows nothing about--and that too without even consulting or asking Nandini.

Unlike other girls who would have started a WORLD WAR III because of this Nandini accepted the decision of her Amms wholeheartedly. She can do anything to make her Amms happy.

But at the end of the day even Nandini was just a human--a simple young girl--who didn't even got the chance to see any dreams for herself. And now she was getting married so getting cold feet,panic and anxiety attacks were pretty normal and very much expected.

Without saying anything Shanno walked into the room. Keeping her hand on Nandini's head she asked "Nandu..tu thik hai na beta"

Nandini who was lost into her own world came out of her reverie. She looked at her Chachi with a smile and said "JI Chachi ..mujhe kya hoga ..I am absolutely fine..aap aise kyu puch rahe ho"

"Kyunki I know that you are anything but fine..because I know you better than you know yourself..I know that you are not at all fine..before you deny again let me tell you one thing I KNOW YOU BETTER THAN YOU THINK I DO SO DON'T EVEN TRY TO FOOL ME"

"If you are not worried or anxious ,if nothing is troubling or bothering you then why are you holding this" Shanno pointed towards the jar which Nandini was holding.

"Aapse kuch nai chupta na Chachi" Nandini shook her head in amusement.

"Jab janti hai tab koshish bhi kyu karti hai..Chachi hu teri ..ab bata kya baat hai" Shanno asked while she cupped Nandini's face.

Instead of saying anything Nandini choose to nod her head .

"Awwleyyy mera bachcha" Shanno took Nandini into her motherly embrace and started caressing her hair. "Hota hai meri bachi. Aisa feel karna is 100% normal. After all this decision will change your life forever. Of course you are scared now. Trust me bachchi every girl goes through this feeling "

"Your Amms ,Amma and even me --we all went through this feeling of anxiousness and apprehension. But trust us beta we are doing this for your bright future only. "

"You are our first priority..you are our princess bachcha..your safety,security and happiness is our main concern. You mean world to us. We want you to see happy and well-settled.And whatever I have heard of Arman I am sure that he will always keep you happy beta"

"Chachi you don't have to say all these things to me..because I already know this..I know what I mean to you all..and I trust you all ..but that's not the reason why I am worried " Nandini replied breaking the hug.

"Then why are you worried my baby girl "Shanno asked curiously.

"Because don't know why I am getting this feeling that something is about to happen Chachi..which will change all our lives forever. I can't explain it. I don't know why I am getting this feeling. Out of nowhere I am feeling like this.. I am really worried Chachi."Nandini answered.

"Matlab"Even Shanno got worried.

"Pata nai mujhe aisa kyu lag raha hai ki inn khushiyo ke bhess me koi bahut Bari musibat hum sab ki zindagi me Kadam
rakh chuka hai. Ye jo shanti hai I don't know why I am getting this feeling that this is the silence before the storm Chachi. Kuch to bara honey wala hai Chachi jo kisi ke rokne se bhi nai rukene wala." Finally Nandini confessed her inner turmoil in front of Shanno ,shaking her head she closed her eyes.

"Arey pagli aisa feel karna is absolutely normal. Tu ye sab mat soch..leave everything on your aiyaapaaa. He will look after everything. After all you are his favourite child na so how can he let anything bad happen to you. Forget all this ..and neeche aa jaldi se..in sab baton me khana bhi thanda ho gaya hoga..I will reheat it. Tu jaldi neeche aa okay" Saying this Shanno left her room.

Though Shanno walked away but deep down Nandini's words effected her too. But she choose not to pay any heeds towards it. So in order to get these thoughts out of her mind she shook her head and went back to the kitchen to reheat the food.

Meanwhile Nandini held the jar of fireflies in front of her and smiled. She too shook her head in order to get these unnecessary worried out of her mind. She took a deep breath and close her eyes.

But the moment she did that memories of last night flashed in front of her.

She opened her eyes in shock and said "MANIK"

But what happened after that shook her even more--to the core. Because the moment she uttered his name her eyes fell on the jar which she was still holding in front of her --jar which was full of fireflies--was now glowing.

-------------------------------------------------------