Chapter 7 "The Weekend"

Shaylynn had a to spend a few weeks in the hospital to make sure the medication didn't trigger any harmful side effects.
While Shaylynn was in the hospital, Molly found out she was there when she came in for her monthly lung test. After Molly was done with her test, she beelined it to Shaylynn's room leaving her Mom and sister in her dust.
Molly's Mom was happy to finally meet Shaylynn to thank her for saving her other daughter and for giving her the courage to leave an abusive relationship. That she was now happy with a man who sees her girls as his and that she was expecting a child with him.
Those are the stories Shaylynn loves to hear! With so much destruction and hate in the world, it's nice to see good come out of bad.
Sam told Shaylynn that she let Stone have it when they got home after finding out the information she did. But of course like any couple, made up right away and started working on baby number two.

Another shift is about to end at Firehouse 51.
"What does everyone have planned for their long weekend?" Otis asks.
"Gabby and I will be going to quite a few community picnics" Casey says.
Herrmann looks at Casey, "Oh yes, Alderman duties. Can I come with you?" he asks.
Casey gives him a confused look, "Why do you want to come with us for?"
"The in laws are having something done to the their house and they need to stay with us for the weekend! At least I hope it's ONLY for the weekend" Herrmann tells Casey.
Otis let's out a little laugh, "You don't even know what's being done to their house?"
"Nope! After Cindy said that her parents were coming to stay for the weekend, I tuned her out!" Herrmann says, "I'll probably stay camped out at Molly's the entire weekend!"
They look over in Severide's direction, "What are you doing this weekend, Kelly?" Casey asks him.
"I'm going up to Fox Lake" he tells them.
"That's good that you're getting away from Chicago to clear your head. With everything you've been through, you need to relax!" Casey says.
Severide shakes his head 'yes' in agreement.
"What are you doing this weekend, Otis?" Herrmann asks him.
"Not sure yet. I'd like to take Katie somewhere since she finally hired someone to help manage her restaurant, but I'm not sure where" Otis says.
The shift ends and everyone heads out of the Firehouse to their cars.
Severide immediately heads out of Chicago toward Fox Lake.

Over an hour later, he's pulling into a driveway to a house along the lake. He grabs his bag from the passenger seat and gets out of his car.
Walking up to the door, he looks around to make sure he doesn't see anyone. He gets to the door and knocks.
The door opens to reveal Shaylynn standing there smiling at him. He throws his bag inside, embraces her and starts kissing her as she closes the door.
Still kissing, they make their way over to the stairs. They try to make their way up, but it's been so long they can't keep their hands off each other.
A stream of clothes is left behind them as they make their way to the bedroom.
With all the time they've lost, they make love over and over again.
Losing track of time, they realize it's supper time.
"What do you want to eat?" Shaylynn asks Severide.
He gives her a sly grin.
Shaylynn gives him a look, "Real food!"
"I don't know! I don't want to get up!" Severide says looking at her.

Shaylynn gives him a look, "Real food!""I don't know! I don't want to get up!" Severide says looking at her