Chapter 10 "Firecracker"

Savannah gets stronger and is released from the hospital after a couple of days. She has to be hooked up to a heart monitor until her heart heals all the way.
Shaylynn has hired the best home care for Savannah so it's one less thing Judi and Stan have to worry about.
A couple times a week, Dawson and Brett will stop by after calls to see how Savannah's doing for Shaylynn. The guys also do the same thing, after calls they take detours to stop by and see Savannah.
She's loving all the attention she's getting from her Firehouse family, not to mention Leslie and Taylor are enjoying seeing everyone especially their Dad a little more than usual.

It's 11 p.m. Shaylynn is waiting outside of a shipping storage warehouse in Bedford Park.
A car pulls up and parks beside where she's standing. Alvin gets out and walks up to her.
"Alright, I'm here. Will you tell me why!" he says to Shaylynn.
"Follow me!" she tells him.
Alvin follows Shaylynn as she starts walking toward a door to the warehouse. She opens it and they walk in.
Inside are guys dressed in all black with ski masks on hiding their faces.
"Shaylynn, who are they?" Alvin asks her.
"Don't worry, you're in no danger. Let's just say they're mercenaries" she tells him.
Shaylynn leads Alvin over to a shipping container, she opens the door to reveal Dylan Oates handcuffed to a chair. She hands Alvin a box, he opens it to see a set of gloves and a gun with a silencer attached to it.
"I provided the firecracker and the target, now it's all up to you!" Shaylynn tells Alvin.
"Shaylynn...." he starts to say.
"If you don't want to do it, I'll do it for you" she tells him.
"No, it's not that! I don't know how I'll ever repay you for this!" Alvin says to her.
"There's nothing to repay! This is for Lexi! Monsters like him don't deserve to breathe!" Shaylynn tells him.
Alvin nods at her and walks into the shipping container carrying the box. Three minutes later, Alvin walks out and hands the box back to Shaylynn.
She looks into the container, motions for two guys to come over, they walk over holding onto a black bag and walk into the container.
They walk back out, one on each end, carrying the bag.
Alvin watches them carry it over to where there's two more black bags lying on the ground.
He turns around and looks at Shaylynn, "Don't worry! The target will NEVER be found!" she reassures him.
"The other two bags?" he asks her with a questioning look.
"Those are my targets!" she tells him.
Alvin nods, "I better get going" he says to her.
"See ya, Alvin!" Shaylynn says to him.
Alvin smiles at her.
He turns toward the door, walks over to it, opens it and walks out.

The next morning, Steve Kot is getting ready to walk out the door to head to the State Attorney's office when he hears a knock. He sits his briefcase and keys down on a table.
Opening the door, he sees a Messenger standing on his doorstep.
"I have a delivery for a Mr. Kot" the Messenger says to him.
"That's me!" Kot says to him.
The Messenger hands him a clipboard, "Please sign on line three."
Kot takes the clipboard from him and signs on line three, he then hands the clipboard back.
The Messenger hands Kot a big manila envelope and walks down the steps back to his car.
Kot closes the door.
He walks back over to the table his briefcase is sitting on, opens the envelope and pulls out a picture.
It's a picture of Oskar Bembenek with a hole between his eyes.
Kot turns the picture over, there's writing on the back......'For your daughter' the writing says.
Kot stands there with a huge smile on his face.
He walks into the kitchen.
Going through a drawer, he finds a lighter.
Walking over to the sink, he lights the picture on fire and drops it into the sink.
Kot watches Bembeneks face turn black as the picture burns. Once the picture is nothing but ash, Kot washes it all down the drain.

Things are going slow at Firehouse 51. Twenty four hours and no calls!
Severide decides to text Shaylynn.

Severide: Hey Babe! What you doing?

Shaylynn: Hey Handsome! I'm out shopping with Sam at Water Tower Place. What you doing?

"Load up!" Severide tells his guys.

Severide: NOTHING! Twenty four hours as went by and no calls!

Shaylynn: We're being followed.....

Severide: What? By who?

Shaylynn: He follows us every where....Sam has a boyfriend. ;)~

Severide: LOL! You should see what Sam sent me!

Shaylynn: I saw it! She showed it to me after she sent it to you. Sam is obsessed with those Snapchat filters.

Five minutes goes by.......

Shaylynn: This guy is actually following us! Seriously?! This guy must want a cap in his ass!

Severide: You can't start firing inside Water Tower Place! Where are you now?

Shaylynn: We're walking to the main doors.

Severide: Okay.....

Shaylynn and Sam get closer to the main doors and hear a siren. They see the Squad truck pull up in front of the doors. All four guys jump out and head toward the back.
Sam and Shaylynn lose sight of them, until a couple of seconds later the guys are walking through the doors carrying axes.
"Did someone report a stalker?!" Severide shouts out.
Shaylynn and Sam try to hide their laughter as everyone around them freezes except the guy who's following them. When he sees the Firemen, he turns around and takes off quickly in the other direction.
Severide pulls Tony to the side and says something into his ear. He, Cruz, and Capp head out to the truck as Tony walks up to Shaylynn and Sam, "Behind you two there's a door that says Maintenance, go through that and walk through the corridor until you come to a back door" he tells them and walks away heading out to the truck.
Sam and Shaylynn look at each other, but do what Tony says. They turn around and walk over to the door. Shaylynn opens it and they walk through.
The corridor is long. They walk pass doors that have the store names on them.
They finally get to the back door, when Shaylynn opens it there's Severide standing in the back of Squad backed up right to the door. She moves to the side so Sam can go through the door first.
Severide grabs onto Sam's hand and helps her into Squad. She proceeds to walk up to the front. Severide puts his hand out to help Shaylynn into Squad. Once she's in, he closes the door.
"Alright, Tony!" he yells up front.
Tony pulls away from the back of the mall and out onto the street. It gets very quiet in the very back of Squad.
"I wonder what's going on?" Capp says to Sam.
Sam looks at Capp with a look, "Really?!" she says to him, smiles and starts shaking her head, "They have to act like they're divorced, so they have to sneak around. What a perfect place to fool around then in the back of Squad!" she says to Capp.
"EEEEWWWW!!!! Keep it clean you two!" Capp yells to the back.
Something comes flying toward the front and lands at Capps feet.
He looks down and sees it's an air ratchet, "Hey! No throwing tools!" Capp tells Severide.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.