Chapter 6 "I'm Not Going Anywhere!"

Severide looks at Stone, "ALL these months I could've spent with Shaylynn WASTED because we thought we were divorced! Now I could lose her forever!"
He sits down in a chair, looks down at the floor and starts crying. Sam walks over to Severide and puts her hands on his shoulders. She looks at Stone with a look that could burn through him. Since Lindsay heard the news at the bombing site, she stands there not knowing what to say.
Hank walks back into the room, "Butch and the other guys are here, they need to talk to us" he looks at Severide, "ALL of us!"
Everyone walks out of the room. They head toward Shaylynn's room, they walk in and see the four guys standing there.
Butch's nose is all red and bloody, with a bandage on it.
"What happened to you?" Sam asks Butch.
"Rob socked him and put him on his ass!" Dave tells them with a smile on his face.
"Butch told us what he and Peter did. It pissed Rob off and then "POW"!" Dan tells them.
Rob is standing there with a pissed off look on his face, he looks over at Stone, "What you and Butch did was real shitty!" he says and starts walking toward him.
Dan and Dave step in front of Rob, but he keeps walking. Sam steps behind Dan and Dave and looks at Rob.
"Rob, please! Shaylynn wouldn't want this! Plus I'll take care of Peter when we get home!" she tells him.
Rob looks down at Sam, he nods at her. He then looks up at Stone and gives him a sly grin knowing Sam is going to tear into him once they get home.
"What did you guys want to talk to us about?" Severide asks them.
"Seeing that you and Shaylynn are still married, it's up to you now" Rob tells Severide, "But I know you wouldn't leave Hank, Sam, and Erin out" Rob looks at each one of them, "The military has been experimenting with a drug to give to the Special Forces when they come in contact with any chemical bombs and we have it. Since we're not technically blood family, we can't give it to her. If you guys decide to give the green light, you will have to sign a release form for Med to release them from any damages this drug might cause and to also give permission to Med to have one of the Organizations doctors administer the drug" Rob tells them.
"Do you know what kind of side effects this drug has?" Sam asks Rob.
"We're not sure what it might do in a woman because it's only been given to a few men. In those men it made them sterile. It might make it so Shaylynn can't have any more children" Rob says.
All of them look over at Severide, he looks at Shaylynn lying there hooked up to the ventilator, "Let's do it!" he says to Rob
"Are you sure?" Rob asks Severide.
"YES!" he tells Rob.
"Okay. There's an Organization doctor out in the waiting room right now. All we need is to alert Ms. Goodwin and have her show up with the paperwork" Rob says, "When this doctor administers the drug, it would be best if you all waited outside. I watched a video of the last man having it done, some effects happen right away and they are not pretty. Not something family needs to see!"
"I'm not going anywhere!" Severide tells him.
Rob gives him a look, "I said I'm NOT going anywhere! I've been away from her long enough, I'm not staying away from Shaylynn any longer! If something does go wrong, I'm going to be right here holding her hand!" Severide tells him.

An hour later, Ms. Goodwin walks into Shaylynn's room. Stone explains to her that Severide and Shaylynn are still legally married, so he's the one who has to sign the papers for the procedure.
Severide signs the papers for Ms. Goodwin, once she leaves the room Rob goes out to the waiting room and gets the Organization's doctor.
When they return, Hank, Sam, Stone and Lindsay walk out of the room and head toward the waiting room.
The doctor looks over at Severide, then to Rob "He's staying! That's Kelly Severide, Shaylynn's husband" Rob tells the doctor.
Severide loves hearing being called Shaylynn's husband once again.
"You told him what could happen after this is administered, correct?" the doctor asks Rob.
"Yes, but he said he wanted to stay in here!" Rob tells the doctor.
"Alright, let's get started. I'll have to take her off the vent first so she doesn't damage her throat" the doctor says.
Severide looks at Rob with a confused look.
The doctor proceeds to take the tube out of her throat.
"Rob, Butch, Dan and Dave, each of you grab a leg or an arm before I put this in her IV" the doctor instructs.
Severide is now really worried! Is the stuff that bad Shaylynn needs to be held down.
"Wait! Could this stuff kill her?" Severide asks the doctor.
The doctor looks at Rob with a pissed off look, "I thought you told him everything?!"
Rob just looks at the doctor, "Yes! This stuff could kill her, but if something isn't tried, she's going to die anyways! Wouldn't you rather try and save her or watch her die without trying anything?" the doctor asks Severide.
Severide nods at the doctor as to tell him to go ahead with what he was doing.
The doctor sits a metal briefcase up on the table beside Shaylynn's bed. He opens it and takes out a syringe. The doctor turns slightly toward the IV pole and administers the medication right into Shaylynn's IV line.
"Get ready!" he tells Rob and the other guys.
A minute goes by and nothing happens, that is until her arms and legs start to flex.
Shaylynn's body is trying to go into convulsions. The guys are using everything they have to hold her down.
With them holding down her arms and legs, her body has discovered a weak spot. Because the guys are holding her limbs down, her torso starts to rise off the bed.
Severide hurries and runs over to the bed, sits on the side, wraps his arms around her putting all his body weight onto Shaylynn to hold her body down.
This lasts for five minutes, but to all the guys it seems like an eternity!
Shaylynn's body goes limp under Severide.
"SHE'S NOT BREATHING!" Severide tells the doctor.
He gets up off her, the doctor uses his stethoscope to listen to Shaylynn's lungs.
"Give her another minute!" the doctor tells Severide.
After twenty seconds, Shaylynn's eyes open wide along with her mouth as she gasps in a huge breath of air.
Severide's eyes start filling up with tears as he watches Shaylynn breathe on her own and looking around.
The doctor starts putting his stuff away, "I'm going to go and talk to Ms. Goodwin and tell her it was a success. I'll be back in to check on Shaylynn before I leave" he tells the guys, "Mr. Severide, it was a pleasure to meet you! I hope you and Shaylynn have a great life together!" the doctor says shaking Severide's hand.
He turns around and walks out the door.
Rob raises the head of Shaylynns bed so she's sitting up. He gets her some water, holds it for her while she drinks it. After she's finished, she looks around and finally notices Severide is sitting on her bed. Her eyes get huge!
She looks at Rob, "Butch has something to tell you!" he tells her.
Shaylynn looks at Butch, "You and Kelly are still married" he tells her.
Shaylynn's eyes get huge again. She gives Butch a look, then looks at Severide with tears forming in her eyes. She tries to speak, but can't.
Severide sticks his finger on her lips, "SSSHHH! You don't need to say anything!" he takes her into an embrace, "I thought this was it! I was losing you forever!" he tells her with tears streaming down his face.
Severide can feel Shaylynn rubbing his back.
There's a knock at the door, Hank pokes his head in, "We saw the doctor walk through the waiting room. Can we come in?" he asks and sees Shaylynn sitting up.
Severide sits up, "Come on in" he says while standing up.
Hank moves out of the way and let's Sam and Lindsay in first. Sam quickly walks over to Shaylynn's bed, sits down on the edge and throws her arms around her neck. Shaylynn lets out a "UMPH" noise from the pressure of Sam's hug.
Lindsay walks around to the other side of the bed and throws her arms around both Sam and Shaylynn. After a minute, Sam and Lindsay let go of Shaylynn, but they continue to sit on the sides of her bed.
"Were you told about you and Kelly?" Sam asks her.
Shaylynn shakes her head 'yes'.
"Did they tell you, you and Kelly can't act like a married couple?" Lindsay asks her.
Shaylynn scrunches her brow at Lindsay, "I take that as a no!" Lindsay says looking at Butch and Stone.
"You need to tell her everything!" Sam tells Stone.
Shaylynn looks at Butch, then looks at Stone, "It's just what Erin said, you and Kelly can't act like a married couple in public! These people are still out there watching and you determining that the best thing to do to keep Kelly safe was to divorce him, that's what happened....sort of" Stone tells Shaylynn,"The papers Kelly signed was just that, papers! I went to both of your lawyers and retrieved the actual documents, those no longer exist! Butch and I figured this would be the best way to do things and after these people were caught, we were going to tell you two that you were still married. As far as these people are concerned, you're divorced!"
Shaylynn looks at Butch and Stone, holds up her hands, pointing a hand at each of them with each middle finger straight up.
Hank lets out a little snicker.
"We should be thankful that's all she does to us!" Butch tells Stone.
"All of us should be going so you can rest!" Sam tells Shaylynn giving her another hug.
Lindsay gives Shaylynn a hug. Both her and Sam stand up, Sam walking over to where Stone is.
Hank walks over to Shaylynn and gives her a hug, followed by Rob, Dan, and Dave.
Butch walks over to her, "Even though I know you don't think much of me right now, I wouldn't know what I would have done if I lost you!" he says to her giving her a hug.
Last but not least, Stone walks over to Shaylynn. He leans down and hugs her.
"I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that! Butch and I had the best intentions in mind to only protect you and Kelly!" he says into her ear.
He stands back up and walks over to Sam. They both walk out the door followed by everyone else.
Only one left is Severide. He takes off his shoes and lays in bed with Shaylynn, wrapping his arms around her while she lays her head on his chest.
"There are only two times I want to be with you....NOW and FOREVER!" he tells her then kisses the top of her head.

*~*~*~*~*~*
Even though Broken Promises is done, I'll continue to use the picture while I use Sam in my story until she starts her new one.

*~*~*~*~*~*Even though Broken Promises is done, I'll continue to use the picture while I use Sam in my story until she starts her new one