36

"Will you stop worrying about me? I'm fine!" Mitch said as Scott carried him bridal style into the house, "And I can walk by the way, you don't have to keep carrying me like this. They discharged me for a reason. I don't even have stitches anymore."

      Scott chuckled kicking the door shut behind them, "Are you seriously complaining about me carrying you? You used to always ask me carry you everywhere. Like the Eiffel Tower for example. Remember that? When you begged me to climb all those stairs, with you on my back?" He asked looking at him as he carried him to their bedroom.

      Mitch put a hand on his cheek and ran his thumb lovingly along his scruffy cheek. "I do remember. Don't act like you didn't love me being that close to you." Mitch teased kissing him on the cheek.

Scott layed him gently on the bed and wrapped him in the covers. "I loved being close to you but I didn't love what my back felt like the next day." Scott chuckled sitting on the edge of the bed leaning over Mitch slightly. "How are you feeling?" He asked his expression changing to concern once again.

Mitch frowned, "I'm fine! Stop worrying so much! I feel fine. No pain." Scott smiled lightly.

"Good. I'm gonna go make you something to eat." He said getting up but stopped when a hand wrapped around his waist.

"I'm not hungry. Lay with me please?" Mitch asked throwing in a pout at the end making him chuckle.

"Nope you need to eat." Scott said before trying to leave again but this time Mitch pulled him closer so that he had to climb onto him. Mitch pressed his lips against his husband's sweetly so that Scott would forget out the food.

      Scott straddled him and leaned against his hands that were placed on either side of Mitch's torso. "You think you're clever." Scott said quietly against his lips as he kissed him again, "but sadly you can't trick me baby." He said before pulling away and jumping off the bed.

      Within seconds he ran out of the room screaming, "Silly rabbit! Tricks are for kids!" Mitch laughed loudly shaking his head at his husband as he made him food.

----

      Mitch woke up to whimpering and jumped up to sitting position 100 percent alert. He turned to the shaking figure next to him and heard another loud whimper come from him. Mitch immediately wrapped his arms around Scott and shook him to wake.

       It took a few seconds but finally the blue eyes snapped open. Mitch looked at him with concern and rubbed his cheek with his thumb comfortingly. The blue orbs immediately filled with tears and Mitch pulled him to his chest as he started to sob loudly.

       "Shhh, baby it's okay. It was just a nightmare baby, it's okay." Mitch whispered rubbing his back as Scott clutched onto him for dear life.

       "Please don't leave me! Please done ever leave me! I can't live without you! I-" his voice cut out with another large sob. Mitch continued to rub up and down his back up to his neck and to his head.

       "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere baby," Mitch said into his ear before kissing him on the top of his head.

       Scott pulled away and looked at him with wide eyes, tears still falling down his cheeks. "We have to be careful next time. Life can't just let me be happy... we need to be careful-" Mitch cut him off with his lips.

Mitch kissed him gently before speaking, "look at me. Hey," he tilted his chin so that Scott was looking at him. "I'm right here. I'm fine. Nothing's going to happen to me."

Scott's lip started to quiver, "but something did. We didn't think anything could possibly go wrong except for fucking arrangement mishaps like the wrong color flowers or the wrong amount of fucking silverware on the tables. We couldn't possibly expect what happened. Because when things like that happen there's no warning! No body expects things like that to happen they just fucking blindside you! So we don't fucking know if something else is gonna happen because there will be no warning we-" Mitch had had enough of hearing Scott panic.

       "Baby breath okay? Just slow down baby, you're fine. I'm fine. Everything's going to be fine. I promise. We'll make it through it because we always do. Look at all the things we've gone through. We're going to make it okay? We are. I promise." He said kissing Scott's lips sweetly. "I promise baby." He whispered against his lips.

      Scott took a deep breath before burying his face into Mitch's neck taking in his scent. "God I love you." He whispered against his neck.

       "I love you too baby."