24

Scott hadn't spoken a word since the hospital. It had been two weeks. Scott was shutting down again and Mitch didn't know what to do to help him. Mitch was trying to keep it together for Scott but at night when Scott was sleeping he would sneer out to go to Avi and Kevin's and just sob and let everything out.

Scott spent most of the days in Leah's room just looking at her things. He would imagine her playing with her toys on the floor while he used to read on her bed. He cried into her pillow when he smelled her scent.

"There's dinner on the table. Please eat Scott." Mitch whispered from the doorway and Scott looked up at him before continuing his gaze at nothing.

Mitch sat down next to Scott and put his hand on his knee. Scott flinched away and Mitch's heart dropped.

Mitch frowned at his hand and nodded, "You can talk to me, you know that right? Please talk to me... I miss your voice..." Mitch tried to get Scott to look at him but Scott looked away.

     Mitch nodded and walked to the doorway, "please talk to someone." He whispered before leaving the room.

     Scott sat on Leah's bed for another few minutes before leaving the room. He heard the shower running and thanked god he would have any confrontation.

     He quickly grabbed the keys and left the house. He drove for awhile not really knowing where to go until he ended up at Avi and Kevin's house.

     I walked up to the door and knocked after a second of hesitation. Avi opened the door with a smile.

     "Hey Scott!" He furrowed his eyebrow in concern. "How are you doing? Please come in." He said and Scott walked in.

     Just then Kevin came down the stairs with his tie laying loosely on his chest. "Oh hey Scott. How are you?" He asked and Scott looked down starting to chew on his lip.

     "Is Mitch cheating on me?" He asked his voice hoarse from not speaking for several days. He coughed and cleared his throat before looking up at them. They looked at him confused and shocked.

     "Why would you think that?" Kevin asked and Scott started pacing. It was becoming a nervous habit of his, biting his nails as he paced back in forth in a small line.

     "He's been gone every single night since a few days after... every night at eleven he leaves and then comes back at 4 in the morning, every morning. He... I would understand why I just didn't think that he would..." Avi shook his head.

     "He's not cheating on you Scott. He would never do that." He said seriously and Scott looked at him furrowing his eyebrows.

     "Then where is he going!? Why isn't he talking to me about it!?" He asked and Avi shook his head.

     "Okay Scott, I'm going to be brutally honest here. He can't talk to you about anything now because you won't talk to or acknowledge him. He's been coming here every night so that he can get everything out. He sobs and talks about how he feels like he can't help you because you're shutting him out! You can't expect him to open up to you if you don't even talk to him! If he's the one you love the most then go fucking talk to him! Go cry on his shoulder and heal together because that's how you get through things and move on!" Avi scolded and Kevin just nodded.

     Scott looked down before he sat down on the ground before them. "I don't know how to deal with this." He said honestly and Avi nodded sitting down next to him.

     "Talk." Avi whispered, "Open up to your fiancé. Talk to him. That's how you deal with this." Scott nodded and left but he didn't go home. He knew it wasn't a good idea but he went to a bar.