26

-----Day after wedding-----

"Scott he's going to be okay."

This was a phrase that Scott was sick and tired of hearing over and over again. He was sick of everyone telling him that everything was going to be okay because it wasn't. Nothing in his life was ever concrete. Everyone he ever loved was ripped from him and his life was torn apart.

He gave up on thinking that he could ever be happy. He realized that life just didn't want him to be. Life just kept shoving him back down to the ground and kicking him while he was down, letting him struggle to pick himself back up only to get pushed right back down again.

He doubted he could ever be okay ever again.

-----Day Before Wedding----

Scott woke up and rolled over to drape his arm over Mitch but was met with cold sheets. He groaned opening his eyes.

The sunlight was harsh against his tired eyes and he rubbed them as if that would help his eyes adjust.

"Mitchie! Come back to bed! I want to cuddle!" He called for his soon to be husband.

"I'll cuddle with you." He heard a deep voice causing him to jump. He stared at Avi in shock and hit him playfully in the shoulder.

"Jesus Christ Avi! You scared the shit out of me!" He said and Avi roared with laughter.

"Sorry but I lied. We can't cuddle! Come on!" He said getting off the bed. "We gotta go! Get your lazy ass out of bed!"

Scott looked at him confused not moving a muscle, "Go where? Where's Mitch?" He asked and Avi shook his head laughing.

"He's with the girls. Now come on! We're going bar-hopping then ending here for a game night! Does that sound like a pretty chill bachelor party?" He asked and Scott smiled widely getting up out of bed.

"That sounds perfect!" He said excitedly running to his closet, "I'll be right out!"

20 minutes later Scott came down dressed in his ripped jeans and one of Mitch's Vetements sweatshirts that fit him just right.

"Finally! We've been waiting for hours!" Kevin said dramatically before getting up of the couch.

Scott laughed, "Don't be dramatic it was only like 20 minutes." Kevin rolled his eyes walking before Avi and him to the front door.

"No hours. Who knew one could sleep in until 2 p.m." He said opening the door and leading them outside.

"It's already 2!? Damn." He said checking his phone.

"Yep sleepyhead." Avi said as they got in the car.

"Guess I had to catch up." Scott said checking his face in the Snap camera. He quickly shot a quick text to Mitch and smiled when there was a reply almost instantly.

Scottie: gm mitchie I hope you're having fun with the girls! Imy already!

Mitchie: I amn! I misss u too a loot! I thingk I'm already drunkk!

Scott giggled and texted him back telling him he loves him and to be safe. "Mitch is already drunk." He laughed and so did the married couple in front.

As 11 o'clock approached the three men were sufficiently drunk and stumbling into the house after taking an uber home. Scott crawled on the couch and hugged the cushions.

"Mmmmm... I love this couch soooo muchc!" He said his face buried in the cushion. Avi laughed sitting on the other couch while Kevin stumbled into the recliner chair.

"I can honestlyly tell youuu that recliney chairsss are the best invent... invention ever made." Kevin slurred reclining the chair back and falling asleep almost immediately.

Scott rolled over and looked at Avi seriously for a second. "Do you think I'll stay happy?" He asked and Avi looked at him surprised.

"Of course Scott. I've been married to Kev for almost seven years and I'm just as happy if not happier since the day I fell in love with him." Avi said seriously and Scott nodded.

"I feel like somethin' bad's gonna happen." Scott said closing his eyes.

"Why do you say that?" Avi asked and Scott shrugged looking up at the ceiling.

"Something always does." He whispered and Avi frowned.

"Nothing's going to happen. Tomorrow you're going to marry the love of your life and spend the rest of your long and happy lives together." Avi said and Scott shrugged yawning and closing his eyes.

"Something always happens..." he whispered before letting sleep capture him.