3

**short update; new one coming #soon**

He ran to the room where all the yelling was coming from.

What he saw would stick with him forever. Scott laying limp under Alex who was beating the shit out of him with their mirror shattered around them.

"Alex! Stop!" Mitch screamed but Alex didn't stop he just kept spitting out insults at Scott's limp body as he punched his face repeatedly. Mitch ran behind Alex and grabbed his shoulders forcefully pulling him off of Scott. Now Alex's anger was directed to Mitch which is exactly what he wanted, he just wanted Alex to stop hitting Scott.  Alex grabbed Mitch off the ground and threw him into Scott's desk. Mitch slid off onto the other side knocking everything off along with Scott's grammy. Mitch groaned but got up knowing that if he stayed there Alex would return to Scott.

Alex corned Mitch and slammed his fist into his face hurting his eye like hell. "You fucking slut! This is all your fault! You are the reason our marriage is falling apart!" He yelled but Mitch could barely hear due to the ringing in his ear. He kneed him in the crotch causing Mitch to hunch over. Alex took this as the chance to push him to the ground and kick him repeatedly in the stomach.

Mitch started coughing up blood and started to get dizzy. He looked around for anything he could get his hands on. He grabbed the fallen grammy and used all his strength the to smack Alex in the face. Alex fell backwards but turned right back at Mitch smiling with blood in his mouth.

Mitch smacked him as hard as he could with the Grammy in the temple and Alex fell limp onto him. Mitch threw the grammy down and crawled out from under Alex's body and crawled over to Scott.

Scott was going in and out of consciousness. Mitch crawled to him cupping his face in his trembling bloody hands. Tears fell down his cheeks, "Scott! Scott, please stay awake for me." Scott eyes were drooping.

"I-I can't..." he whispered and Mitch shook his head taking Scott's hand in his.

"Just s-squeeze my hand. There you go just keep doing that." The squeezing became one-sided and Scott's eyes rolled back and his hand went limp. "No, no, no. Scott please stay with me!" Mitch started to sob and was pulled away by paramedics. They started working on Scott and Mitch fell to the ground looking at them.

He turned to see a paramedic feel Alex's pulse and shake his head to another paramedic. Mitch started to have a panic attack as the paramedics came to assess him. He couldn't hear anything or feel anything. Everything was in slow motion. What brought him back was hearing the words of the paramedics over Scott.

Flashback:

"You're in love with Scott." Kirstie said when coming to the realization. Mitch looked down to his fiddling fingers.

"He's married Mitch." Kirstie whispered and Mitch stood up immediately.

"I know that! That's why I'm freaking out! I thought I got over this but I didn't! I don't know how to either!" Mitch yelled tears filling his eyes.

"Mitch I hate to say this but... maybe you should pull away a little bit. Don't hang out with him as much. I hate the idea as much as you do but you can't do that to him." She said sadly.

"Do what!? Love him!?" Mitch yelled not really meaning to be angry with her but he just had to let out all the emotions he had been bottling up.

"Mitch you know what I mean. You can't tell him. He loves you too much to deal with this. He's married. You can't." She said and Mitch nodded feeling defeated.

"I know. You're right. I just... ugh... I wish I didn't love him." Mitch said sitting down and putting his head in his hands.

"I know honey, but you'll get over it and everything will be okay. I promise." She said and Mitch nodded before looking up at her.

"How's the baby?" Mitch asked and she immediately grinned.

"She's good. She's keepin' us up some but it's not too bad." She said smiling.

Mitch smiled, "I'm really happy for you." Kirstie put a hand on his knee.

"You're gonna find someone who'll sweep you off your feet. He'll love you even when you're being too sassy-" Mitch cut her off smacking her in the arm.

"Rude." He said giggling.

"I'm serious though. It'll happen. I promise." She said and he nodded.

He just wished it was Scott.