30

Everyone was screaming and ducking down under their chairs. Scott was holding Mitch in his arms as Mitch started to bleed out of his abdomen.

      A large man walked down the aisle up to them as Mike leaped out of his chair to run to Mitch, "Son!"

      "You are the father of this man?" The man with the gun asked Mike who nodded. "You are a horrible excuse for a father." He said before pointing the gun at his head.

      "No!" Scott screamed just as he pulled he trigger. Mike fell to the ground and laid faced down limp.

       Scott started to sob cradling Mitch who had lost consciousness. "Why are you doing this?!" He sobbed looking up at the man with the gun.

      The man looked past him though, "You married them?" He asked Kevin who was backing up into the alter, "How can you call yourself a Christian?" He asked before pointed the gun at him.

      He was about to pulling the trigger when Avi grabbed the shooters hand down slightly. It hit Kevin in the leg and Avi tackled the man down to the ground. The man smacked Avi with the butt of the gun but Avi wasn't backing down.

      He punched him in the face and knocked the gun out of his hand. The man shoved him off and ran out of the church. Everyone stared at him and Avi got up before looking for Kevin. He ran to him and yelled for someone to call 911.

      "Mitch... Mitch... Please..." Scott sobbed holding him tightly and applying pressure to Mitch's wound.

       Mitch opened his eyes slightly before squinting them shut again, "Bright..." he muttered and Scott kissed his forehead.

      "I know baby an ambulance is coming. You're going to be okay. Everything is gonna be okay."

      Mitch squeezed his hand, "you have to promise me you'll be okay." He whispered and Scott shook his head vigorously.

       "No no no... that's not happening. You're not leaving me! Mitch I will not be okay! You have to fight for me! You have to..." Mitch's eyes rolled in the van of his head and he fell limp, "Mitch!" He started shaking him, "no no no." The room started spinning and he couldn't see anything through the tears constantly filling his eyes.

       The paramedics finally got there a few seconds later along with some FBI agents. The paramedic picked Mitch up and got him all situated onto a gurney. "Sir, is it okay if I come in the ambulance with you and ask you a few questions?" A women with dark brown hair asked him.

     Scott just nodded and followed the paramedics into the ambulance. He sat there staring at Mitch's unconscious body and tried calm himself down.

      "Hello my name is agent Prentiss. Is it okay if I ask you a few questions, Sir?" She asked as nicely as possible and Scott just nodded staring at Mitch.

      He had a mask over his mouth and tubes on his skin and most of all blood. "I know this is really bad timing but I really need to ask these things, can you tell me what the shooter looked like?" She asked and Scott closed his eyes.

      "He was tall... taller than me. He was white with long brown hair that was turned gray. And he... he had golden teeth. He wore a suit like he had come to the wedding but we don't know him... oh god why did he do this...why did he..." he trailed off looking at Mitch.

     "We've been chasing this man for a few days. He's killing Gay couples at their weddings. You've done nothing wrong... do you know what made him run?" She asked and Scott nodded.

     "M-my friend Avi... He tackled him and got his gun away so he ran." Scott said starting to shake. They pulled up to the hospital and agent Prentiss immediately got out of the way and left Scott alone.

     Just as they opened up the back doors the machine next to Mitch flatlined. The paramedic immediately started shouting things and got on top of Mitch to do CPR. They rolled the gurney into the emergency with Scott trailing not far behind.

     He only stopped when they went through the doors for surgery. He stopped and and just fell to his knees sobbing.

     How am I supposed to do this? Why can't things just be okay for once? Why can't I be happy? Why can't Mitch be happy? Why can't we just catch a break? His thoughts were interrupted when he felt two arms wrap around him.

     He fell into their touch and sobbed loudly. He heard a deep voice telling him sweet things that would calm him down.

     Scott finally started to calm down and he looked up at Avi, "I knew something bad would happen..." he croaked, "something always does."