17

It was a week after the cave. After Mitch had popped the question. Everything had been amazing, Scott was happy and so was Mitch.
     One morning Scott awoke his arm draped over the small figured. A small smile spread across his lips and he got out of bed quietly.
     He entered the bathroom closing the door behind him. He went to brush his teeth but the lack of toothpaste in the tube stopped him from doing so. He threw away the empty tube and searched in the drawers for another one.
     He opened one and felt around with his hand for another tube. His fingers stopped as they came upon a tiny cool medal. He pulled it out and his breath hitched as he stared at his old medal sliver he pulled from his old razor.
     He hadn't cut since the first couple weeks of therapy and he hadn't wanted to. He stared at the small shiney and tears filled his eyes as he felt his hand bring it to his right wrist. He didn't know why he was doing it, it just felt right yet so wrong.
     As it touched his skin he saw the glint of his engagement ring. He stopped and dropped the medal onto the counter and backed away from it. His back hit the wall behind him and he started to tremble. He held his right wrist as if protecting it from the medal on the counter.
     He let out a loud sob and he covered his face with his hands. He didn't want that. He wanted to live. For once in a long time he wanted to live. He wanted to live with his Leah not for her. He wanted to live with Mitch not for him.
     The loud sob from the bathroom awoke Mitch and he was out of the bed quickly. He opened the bathroom door and saw Scott shying, against the wall, away from the sink.
     Scott looked up at him and ran to the sink grabbing the part of the razor. He rushed to Mitch and held it out to him.
     "Please take it! I don't want it! I don't want it." He said and Mitch took the small thing confused. He looked down at it before realizing. His eyes filled with tears but trust that they were happy.
     He wrapped his arms around Scott's neck pulling him close. Scott hugged him tightly back, "You're so incredibly strong Scotty. I'm so so proud of you." He whispered and Scott nodded.
     "I don't want to die anymore." Scott said over Mitch's shoulder before sniffling. Mitch pulled back slightly looking into his eyes.
     "Good baby, I need you with me." He said pressing his lips to his gently. Scott kissed back before pulling away to hug him tighter.
     "I love you so much Mitch Hoying." Mitch hummed smiling widely.
     "You're funny Scott Grassi." Scott laughed loudly and pulled away to look at Mitch's beautiful brown eyes.
      "We'll figure it out. We got time." Mitch smiled and kissed him sweetly.
      "Yeah," he sighed contently, "we do."