-Winter's POV-

"Thanks, Gee." I said as I open the car door.

"It's nothing, really. Call me when you get home, okay?" He said.

"Yeah, sure. Goodnight Gerard." I said and I attempted to get out of his car but he grabbed my wrist.

"Do you need anything?" I said.

"Uhh..."

"What is it? Tell me." I said.

"Can I.. I don't know, maybe, like be your suitor or something? I know it's corny and old fashioned but I want it to be special." He said.

I just smiled and kissed him.

"Is that a yes?" He asked, grinning as if he won a competition.

I got out of his car without saying anything and walk towards my car and got inside.

"What's happening to me?" I said to myself, smiling like an idiot and shook my head and drive.

-Gerard's POV-

Winter left so I quickly called Frank and he answered after a few rings.

"Hey, Gee, what's up?" Frank said over the phone.

"Can I stay there tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure." He said without any hesitation.

"Thanks, man. I'll be there in ten." I said then hang up.

I haven't done anything for a girl before and I'm so nervous. I was so terrified and anxious when I asked her but she kissed me and it's all gone in a blink of an eye. She's so unpredictable in a good way and that's what I like about a girl.

I pulled over at Frank's house and knocked on his door. He opened it only a few seconds later.

"Hey, man. Come in." He said and moved backwards to make a space for me to come in.

We headed to his living room to talk about some things.

"Why do you wanna stay here?" He said in a low voice.

"I need an advice from you." I said.

"Oh no, you don't. You're smarter than me." He joked.

"Not at a time like this." I said in a serious tone.

"What's up?" He asked and sits properly.

"I asked Winter if I can court her." I said.

"And... what did she say?" He asked, a bit awkward.

"She didn't say anything, she just kissed me. Do you think that's a yes?" I worriedly asked.

"Obviously." He said. I wonder why he's acting like this.

"Oh, I'm fuckin nervous, man. Do you mind helping me?" I asked.

"Ask Ray, he's the man with the plan." He said and left.

I sighed and got inside the guests room.

My phone started ringing so I took it out of my pocket.

"Hey, Winter." I said as I answered the phone.

"Hey, Gee. I'm home." She said in a cracked voice.

"Winter, have you been crying? What's wrong? Is it your dad again?" I asked worriedly.

"Y-Yeah, he almost did it again. I'm here at the bathroom, I locked him in his room and now I'm hiding." She said in a few sobs.

"Do you want me to call the police?" I asked in a slightly angry tone.

"Yes, I'll t-text you the address." She said.

"Okay, I'm coming, don't worry." I said then hang up.

I got the address and left without saying anything to Frank. I got inside my car as I called the police and immediately drove towards her house.

***

I arrived at her house and the police was already inside.

"Sir, are you the one who called us?" A cop approached me.

"Yes, how is she?" I asked in a worried tone.

"You can check on her yourself, she's in that van." The cop said while pointing at an ambulance.

"Thank you sir." I said and ran towards the ambulance.

I saw Winter leaning at the edge of it and I immediately hugged her tight.

"Are you okay?" I said, still hugging her.

She didn't say anything and hugged me back, crying on my shoulder.

"Shhh.. it's okay now, I'm here." I said and rubbed my hands on her back, kissing her head.

A few cops went outside of the house with a man in their grip, I'm guessing that's her father.

"Do you wanna see your father?" I asked her.

She shook her head, we're still in each other's arms and I'm still rubbing my hands on her back, that seemed comforting for her so I didn't stop.

"Don't turn around." I said.

"I want to see my mom." She said and pulled out of the hug.

"Come with me." I said and asked some cops. We walked towards a police car and found a woman who looks almost exactly like Winter.

"Mom." She said and her mom got out the car to hug Winter.

"I'm so sorry, honey. I should've stopped him a long time ago." Her mother said while tears fell from her eyes.

"It's not your fault, mom." Winter said and her mother smiled sadly. She noticed me watching them.

"And who might this guy be?" Her mother asked.

"He's Gerard, my uhh.." She said, not knowing what to tell her mom.

"I'm your daughter's suitor, ma'am." I said and smiled genuinely.

"Oh, please call me Jannet." She said.

"He actually saved me, Mom." Winter said, I scratched my head and smiled awkwardly.

"Really? Thank you so much, Gerard. Let's schedule your marriage!" Her mother said excitedly. Wow, the transition of her moods.

"Mom!" Winter said in embarrassment.

"What? I like this guy." Her mom said.

My phone started ringing again.

"Excuse me for a second." I said to them and I answered the phone when I got a bit far from them, "Who's this?" I asked over the phone.

"'Who's this your face! Where the hell are you?" Oh, it's Frank.

"Calm down, man. I'm here at Winter's house, I'll explain later, bye." I said and hang up.

"Winter, I'm sorry but I have to go. I need to go back to Frank's house cuz he's acting like my mom."

"Sure, goodnight, Gerard. Thanks again." Winter said, smiling this time.

"Anytime. Bye, Winter. Take care, okay?" She nodded and I kissed her forehead.

"Bye, Jannet." I said and she smiled so I left.