Bonus 1/3 (unedited)

Thaddeus & Annabel (3 months later)

  "I'm going to need help here," I tell the doctor, Richard. He nods and takes over. He wraps the present box and ties it perfectly. I take the blue box and thank him as I leave the hospital.

Today was Thaddeus's birthday and he thought I didn't know because he doesn't talk about it. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact he killed his father to take over as Alpha on this day, so many years ago.

He was turning twenty seven now, closer to thirty than he was to my age at twenty. He's going to be an old man soon now that I think about it. I find that funny for some reason. I can call him old now. He probably won't like that at all but oh well.

Right now Thaddeus was helping out with the construction along with Jay. Natalia was hanging out at the pack house where I was an hour ago but I left for personal reasons.

As I make my way to my house, I hurriedly hide the present in the kitchen before turning to the kitchen table. I got Nancy, a cook, to bring me some ingredients from the pack house since we're low on supplies. She even got me a recipe for a chocolate cake. She was the only one who knew what I was planning on doing. Not even Jay, or Natalia, or even Casserole (Cassandra) knew what I was doing. Glancing at the time, I conclude that I have a whole hour and half until Thaddeus comes home from working.

From what I remember, Thaddeus said he preferred chocolate over vanilla cake. I tie my hair back and grab a big bowl. Following the recipe, I measure the amount of sugar needed and dump it into the bowl. I add an entire cup of melted butter and spoon together the ingredients. Once mixed together, I add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and basically everything all at once into the bowl. I plug in the electric hand mixer and attempt to mix everything smoothly.

It was going on well for a few seconds- until I pressed high and everything began splattering everywhere. With a yelp, I lift it up to turn it off but it continues to splatter everywhere on me. I lower it down and flick it off.

Sighing, I glare down at the mess I just created but also at the cake batter. It didn't look bad. I decide to just continue on with it. I unplug the electric machine and continue on with the recipe. I take a little swipe out of the batter and lick it.

"Hm," I grab the square baking pan and pour the mixture in. It was smooth at this point. "Tasty."

I shove it into the oven and start the timer. Turning away, I start to clean the kitchen. I out away the ingredients I was just using and store the dirty dishes and utensils inside the sink. I might as well begin washing them now to save some time later.

I hurriedly clean the dishes and check up on the cake. Grabbing a toothpick I insert it into the cake to check whether it was almost done baking or not. "Hm, maybe five more minutes."

I turn away and grab our dinner, chicken pot pie from the fridge. Nancy and the rest of the cooks had made it at the pack house while I was tending to the younger ones. I had asked for a pie to be brought here earlier and Nancy complied. With a smile, I heat it up and grab a knife, cutting the pie into slices. Getting two plates, I place a slice onto each and grab our utensils. I place a fork by each plate. Turning away for a brief moment, I check up on the cake again and when I find it's baked thoroughly, I turn off the oven. Grabbing oven mitts, I remove the cake and place it on top of the stove.

Nancy had also brought me chocolate cake icing. I was going to put that on later once the cake cooled down. Moving away, I try to find a bottle of wine. Looking through the kitchen, I finally find where they all were. I grab a bottle of plum wine and place it onto the table. I grab two glasses and situate them across from each other.