Chapter 21 (unedited)

"So that was all a lie?" I ask Eunice. She nods her head.

"I had a vision about Mason, Rose, and you and I was told to take you to them."

"You were told to?" I ask shifting around to see her face. "By who?"

"My ancestors," she answers. "They, along with the universe, inform me of what is going on and what needs to be fixed."

"When you collapsed while driving is that when you had this vision?" She nods.

"Thank you," I tell her honestly. "I'm not sure why I don't want to admit this but I really needed to see Mason again. Rose, not so much, but it was bound to happen if I wanted to see Mason."

"No problem," she says stopping at the resting lane of the highway. "But now we need to get back on this."

I agree with her. The meeting with Mason and Rose delayed our time and now we able to catch up a bit. "What's next?" I ask her.

She turns to me her face serious. "Blood."

"Okay," I tell her not understanding it. She looks away from me for a moment.

"Annabel, curses involve the use of people's blood," she says. "To reverse a curse, we need the blood of the cursed one."

My eyes widen at what she's saying. It can't be though. How would that work?

"We can't get his blood!" I argue attracting the attention of a nearby couple. "Use mine, I'm his Mate."

Eunice only shakes her head sadly. "I didn't want to tell you so soon but I need to give you a heads up. You are his Mate but it won't work. It has to be his pure blood."

"How? How are we supposed to get Thaddeus's blood when he wants to kill me?!"

She watches as I begin to panic. My heart races a million miles per hour and I'm left conjuring up possible outcomes of what might happen. Either he could beat me up and leave me to bleed out or just straight out kill me. Whatever happens I'm not ready for it.

"Eunice isn't there another way?" I turn to her nearly begging. She just shakes her head and looks away from my petrified face.

"We need to figure out a plan," she says placing her hand on my knee. "I promise he will not lay a finger on you."

I sigh and look away from her. Yeah right. She was a Witch and all but I don't believe that she could stop Thaddeus from hurting me unless she reverts the curse.

"Look at me Anna," she says softly. I look up at her reassuring brown eyes. I don't know how she could do this but slowly and surely I was becoming calm and my heart was beating normally. "It's going to be alright."

I nod to her words. Even though I still have my doubts I don't know what else to do. Eunice turns on the radio and let's music play out.

We switch seats after a short debate seeing as she passes out a lot and from what happened last time, I don't want to see it happening again. We sit in the break of the highway thinking of what we should do next. How do we get Thaddeus' blood?

"How much blood do we need anyways?" I ask.

"Not a lot," she explains. "The most we need is atleast a spoonful.

"Let's think about this later on," Eunice says. "It's getting dark and we need some rest. Tomorrow we can start bright and early again."

I rub the top of my head tiredly and agree. Although, my Wolf told me otherwise we needed all the sleep we could get. We spent an entire day sort of wasted and it was hurting my Wolf along with myself. I just need to help my Mate and return to the pack. It's been far too long that I've been away from them. I wonder if they question my whereabouts.