Chapter 24 (unedited)

Annabel's POV

I return to our room after wiping my face a bit. Hearing my Mates breathing and voice just threw me right into a turmoil. I broke down for a few moments before forcing my Wolf to give me a pep talk to which she gladly did perfectly. Eunice doesn't seem to notice as she is still busy with whatever spell she's doing. I head straight to the washroom and change jumping into the shower. I know police was going to be here soon and we had to sneak out by then, but I was craving a shower. It's been too long.

I crave the hot water pelting down on my skin and clean up. I wash my hair and realize I haven't even brought up soap at all. Sighing, I remove myself from the hot water and wrap a towel around myself. I step out of the room and find Eunice putting her things away. I stop mid way when I realize her bag and the plant are gone.

"Where did you-" I look around trying to spot her things. The only bag I see is mine.

I glance at Eunice for an explanation and she grins up at me from where she's seated. "I teleported my things to my apartment."

She beams up at me extremely excited. "Is this your first try?"

"It's my first time I got it right," she says. "Anyways we should hurry on out."

I nod and grab my clothes putting them on. I watch as Eunice cleans up and the same guilt I've been feeling since earlier returns. Sighing, I decide to tell her.

"Eunice."

"You don't have to tell me Annabel," she says turning to face me. "I know about your plan."

I stare at her like a kid that just got caught doing something bad by their parents. To be honest, I believe it looked similar to Mason's expression to when I asked him if Rose was pregnant.

"What plan?" I ask nonchalantly. Eunice only rolls her eyes at me and laughs.

"I know you called your Beta and that we're going to see your Mate."

I look away guilty until I ask her how she knows what I've been thinking of. She only rolls her eyes and mutters Witch. I have a feeling the vision she had in the car earlier on, was how she found out what I was planning.

"I told my Beta to tell him to meet us at a halfway point from here and the pack in three days."

"That's great," she tells me. "Afterwards what happens next?"

This is the part I knew was going to infuriate her. I take a deep breath and explain to her what I planned on doing. When I'm done, she looks at me as if I'm crazy. I probably am but it's the only way at this point.

"I'm not going to say anything to that," she says. "But you're crazy and sucidal."

"I'm not done though," I explain. "How long will it take to end the curse once you have his blood?"

Eunice shrugs. "It shouldn't take too long. The most is thirty minutes. And then poof, he and his entire bloodline is curse free."

"How will I know right when the curse is lifted?"

"The mark on his leg," she points out. "That will disappear. Once it's gone, that means the curse is gone as well."

I smile at the thought but then the realization at the fact that Eunice and I's road trip is coming to an end, dims my mood. I glance at her to see her staring outside the window.

"Hey Eunice," she turns to me. "You never told me what Aaron and you fought about."

Her sharp intake of breath tells me she wasn't expecting that question. She stays quiet for what seems like hours and I accept the fact she doesn't want to speak about it. Although when she speaks up, I'm startled.