Chapter 33 (unedited)

Annabel's POV

I wake up with a gasp. Looking down, I find a white sheet placed over my body. I yank it down and turn to the side jumping off the bed. I was in the hospital but no one was in my room.

Shutting my eyes for a moment, I think of Eunice. It was our last time together so what did that mean? My gut tells me something horrible has happened but I refuse to believe it. Turning to the bed, something catches my eyes.

I reach forward and grab the medium sized envelope. My name is scrawled on the front and when I inhale deeply, I find Eunice' scent all over it. I remember in the dream she had said that she had something for me when I wake up. Opening the envelope, I yank out the letter and begin to read it.

"Dear Annabel,

Since you're reading this my cute ass is most definitely dead. I knew what was going to happen when I helped you and I accepted that. This is what I wanted to tell you about when you asked what Aaron and I had last fought about. I told him that I was going to die soon and he refused to accept it. He was quite stubborn actually but I loved him.
Anyways, I wanted to explain to you what happened between us into further detail. I couldn​'t say this in person because I didn't want to see the repulse in your eyes when you know. I killed Aaron.

I stop here for a moment, gasping. I continue reading to find out more.

Before you start jumping to conclusions I need I tell you, that it isn't what you think. At the time, I was uncontrollable. I could not handle my powers as I had too much. Before my parents had died, they transferred some of their magic to me. They knew I was the last Witch, and they lent me their power, believing that I will do right on Earth.

I stop there too. Eunice, the last of her kind? She died to help me knowing that she was the last of her kind. My hand shoots up to cover my mouth and I clench my eyes shut. A traitorous tear slides down my face and I'm not exactly sure what I was crying over.

When Aaron and I fought, I lost myself in my emotions and I unknowingly tapped into greater power than I imagined. I let out a blast of supernatural power that blew every object in a five mile radius further. Aaron was outside our apartment at the time, getting into our car. The blast had pushed Aaron's car in the way of two cars, a truck and a minivan. It was a horrible collision and Aaron, being in the middle, had died instantly. I wanted you to make amends with Mason and Rose because of the future. The next hour, day, or even month, is never guaranteed. I wanted you three to leave things on a better note unlike Aaron and I.

What does she mean by that? She was writing as if Mason and Rose were going to die, or even worse, they were dead. They wouldn't be- I clearly remember their scent on Thaddeus. My heart races in my chest. Thaddeus was quiet when I asked about them. What if he- I shake my head at he thought. He wouldn't do such a thing, would he?

After Aaron's death, I focused more on controlling my magic. Remember when I told you that I was a Witch-in-training meaning that someone was teaching me? That was sort of true. I have the voices of the most powerful Witches to have ever lived, stuck in my head. My parents had no choice but to do this when I was young because they knew they were not going to be around much longer. These Witches taught me many things but they never agreed with my actions. They knew what I was planning to do for you and some agreed while others did not.

As the last Witch in existence, most wanted me to live and procreate. They wanted me to continue the Witch lineage but I could not do it. Call me selfish or whatever you want but I had no intention in having a child with someone other than Aaron. He was and still is the love of my life. Another reason is that I could never let an innocent child go through the mental abuse of a dozen greedy Witches. You have no idea how it feels to be tormented by thousand of voices, good and bad, telling you how to live your life every second of the day. It is horrible. Also, I could never let you go through life with abuse from your other half. That was something I could not stand to see. I had to do something about it.