Chapter 20 (unedited)

"Huh."

I'm still in shock for some odd reason. I could never have imagined Rose to get pregnant no matter how many times she and Mason had their casual alone time.

I watch as Mason helps Rose make something to eat. She has her hand over her stomach in a protective way. I look away as Mason turns to face me. "Anna, you and Eunice hungry?"

I shake my head as Eunice nods excitedly and walks over to them. "Food is my middle name."

The three of them converse and I cross my arms. I didn't like being out of the loop but I didn't want to be included in this as well. I was confused.

Nick comes by and sits next to me. "Should I sit beside you or will your Alpha Mate kill me for doing that?" He asks jokingly. I shrug my shoulders sighing.

"He's not here anyways," I mumble.

He stares at the scene in front of me before turning to my face. "What's with you and Rose? The tensions pretty obvious between you two."

"Nothing," I wave off. "It's in the past."

"Then you two should be alright now correct?"

"Yeah," I nod. "We're just cautious right now."

She could probably attack me for killing her parents even though I personally never did it, I ordered it to be done. Rose and Mason probably think I'm going to attack Rose for nearly killing Thaddeus and trying to hurt me. We were walking on tip toes around each other at the moment.

"That sounds like nothing's been resolved," he points out. "I caught you giving her the mean eye I few times. You're not planning to attack her are you?"

I shake my head and scoff. "If I was, I would have done it a while before."

"Alright," he says finishing up. "When you get over this bridge, come up and eat something."

I scowl. "Don't tell me what to do," I murmur stressed. My Wolf agrees with me heavily.

Eunice comes back and sits down. "You look stressed, doesn't take a Witch to sense the tension. You can practically taste it in the atmosphere."

She giggles at the little comment she made whereas the rest turn around at her joyful laughter. She had that type of personality.

"Hey," I say. "When do we get back to, you know, that?"

"We will," Mason looks in our direction curiously and Eunice only smiles at him. "Soon."

He walks over to us after finishing up with Rose and asks to speak to me outside. "Hey," I say. "What's up?"

He turns to me more confused than ever. "Anna, what's going on with you?"

He's straightforward.

"Why are you all the way on the other side of the country for damn sakes when you should be with your Mate and the pack?"

I look away from his piercing gaze. "You would never do this and from what I'm noticing right now, you're hiding something."

He takes a step closer. "Please, what's wrong? Did something happen?"

I look into his eyes. They were full of worry and some fear was present in them as well. I only think it's a reflection of my eyes. I can't tell him. I open my mouth but close it like a fish.

"Mason," I place a hand on his arm. "You know I love and trust your more than anyone right?"

"If you love me more than your Mate whatever is happening he most likely caused it. Am I right?"