Chapter 34 (unedited)

"Hey," I greet Jay who comes to see me soon after his mother leaves.

"Hey," he replies sitting down near me. "I checked on Thaddeus. He was running around for a while in Wolf form but he's at your house right now."

I nod and lean forward. Before I can say anything though, Jay continues. "I looked at the mark on his leg- it's gone. The curse is gone."

I blow a breathe of air out and thank him for saying that. I get to my feet and dust my backside clear of lingering dirt or grass. "I'm going to go see him."

Jay shakes his head giving me a defiant look. I stare at him confused. "Just take your time Luna. You suffered a lot."

"He's my Mate no matter what happened," I whisper out. I hear a rustle of movement nearby and turn to see Natalia rushing forward.

"Hey," she says with a short wave. She looks me up and down concerned.

"I'm fine Natalia," I tell her. "I was just going back to my house actually."

She looks at me concerned and glances at Jay. She doesn't voice anything but I know she does not like my idea. "I'm fine really," I say glancing back at Jay. He doesn't meet my gaze.

"How about you stay the night at our place and then in the morning you can see him," suggests Natalia. I shake my head but my Wolf tells me that was a good idea. She wants us to give Thaddeus some time before we go over there. I didn't want to give him any time though, I needed answers right now.

"I'm sorry, but I need answers," I say just as I Shift into my Wolf and turn running away. I hear Jay and Natalia Shift and follow right on my heels. They wanted to protect me but I didn't need any right now. I just needed the truth.

Luna, be careful! I ignore Jay's please in the mind link. He already confirmed that Thaddeus' curse mark was gone, there was nothing stopping me from seeing him. I listen closely to the movement behind me, and burst through trees quickly. I was pretty fast as a result of mating with my Alpha Mate. I inhale my surroundings smelling Kelsey and Jays scent come it of nowhere.

They were ahead of me, guarding our home. Distinctly, I can smell Thaddeus' scent. My eyes focus in on our house that comes to focus and I notice Jay and Natalia have stopped chasing after me. Scott and Kelsey guard the door. Shifting, I rush over just as Kelsey hands me some clothes.

"Listen," I say as I place the clothing on. "It's my decision-"

They both move away from the door at the same time. "Go talk to him," Scott says. I'm shocked that they are letting me do this but I don't think to hard on this. I brush on past and close the door shut behind me.

My eyes wander all over the living room. Thaddeus had destroyed everything. The sofas were torn apart and thrown off to the side. The television was smashed into pieces. Books and pictures were scattered everywhere. I notice claw marks all over the walls and floor. I step around the mess and silently observe. Inhaling, I follow Thaddeus' scent to his office. As I make my way there, I continue to take notice of the violent actions he did to his or our own house. While making my way, my fingers touch the wall where blood is splattered. I didn't have to smell it to know it was mine. Moving away, I stop at the door listening to the vicious sounds coming from within. He was far gone- It was unusual for me to me this near and fro him to not notice. I listen to many things being broken and his many growls of anger. At one point, I hear a howl and my heart tugs at the sound. He sounded so lifeless- not like the Alpha I knew and loved.

I grab the doorknob only for it to break along with the door. It falls in my direction and I scurry out the way avoiding my second death. Thaddeus doesn't seem to notice anything from what I could hear. He probably doesn't even notice his own door has fallen down.