Chapter 27 (unedited)

Annabel's POV

I wake up before Eunice. The insistent knocking on the door annoys my sensitive ears and I find myself groaning out in annoyance. I walk to the door and peep through the small hole. Sighing, I unlock the door and smile at the guy that Eunice managed to hypnotize last night. I thank him and grab the food out of his hands and shut the door. Placing it down on the table nearby, I jump back into bed and cover my face with the soft pillow.

I was having an extremely pleasant dream about Thaddeus last night and the fact that this man interrupted with his insistent knocking dropped me out of it. Squeezing my eyes shut, I try to return to that good spot in my head but it's no use. I could not find it. Even though I am not even asleep anymore, I continue to stay put in my position. This was extremely a nuisance. I just wanted to imagine his warm muscled body over mine for a few more minutes. Why couldn't the universe just provide that for a bit more time?

I stay like this until I accept the fact that I won't be able to get there again as I have already awoken up. Pouting, I sit up and try one last time to return to dream world but it is really no use.

Heading over to the table of food, I sit down and turn to check if Eunice is awake yet. When her breathing remains constant, I choose to wait for her to wake up rather than be interrupted so rudely, such as myself. I nearly devour everything on the plate in front of me. I had a pretty huge appetite but I withheld the urge to eat everything.

Eunice wakes up exactly one hour later and that's a result of me surfing the channels on the flat screen TV. I believe it was my consistent cursing that had her curiously watching me from her bed.

"Did I miss something?" She asks and when she sees the tray of food beside her she jumps. "I did. Oh shit- I gotta do some rituals today!"

"It's on the news," I say interrupting her. Eunice stares at the TV just as I stop flipping channels. "The attack at the motel has people looking for me. They think it could have been an animal but there were no animal markings in the ground. My claws ripped him into shreds and they aren't sure a human could have done this. I'm the worse."

"Huh," Eunice takes a sip of her orange juice. "That sounds like a you problem."

"Hey," I whine out. "You're travelling with me, the wanted murderer, so in that case, it's an us problem."

"Relax, it'll all go away soon," she says calmly. I stare at her and throw my hands up falling back onto the bed. "Do I have to remind you every time something bad happens that I'm a Witch?"

"A Witch-In-Training," I mumble mockingly, causing her to throw a lamp at my face. "Hey!"

-

I watch in fascination as Eunice continues on mumbling some wierd stuff under her breath and the knotted up shoe lace slowly unwinds in front of her. It was pretty cool because she didn't have to touch it. After she places it to the side and flips the pages of the book in front of her.

"Hey Eunice," I break the silence something Eunice told me not to do as it breaks her concentration but something tells me to do so. She looks up at me with a raised eyebrow. "You've been doing this for a few hours now. What is untying a knot suppose to help you do?"

"It's practice for when I break the curse. I taped into the curse a few times just to see how strong it was. It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting. It's hella strong."

"But how does this help you?" I ask confused. Eunice looks down at the tons of objects that she tied together and untied using her powers.

"This is a symbol," she says grabbing one. "The Knox curse is centered around the heart, mind, and soul. The anger of the grandmother wrapped itself around those three like a blanket. I'm practising how to untie evil from Thaddeus' heart, mind, and soul."

Eunice goes back to reading her books- she calls then her grimoires. I have no idea why because they sound like the gremlins which gave me nightmares as a kid.

I lay back in bed and think about turning in the TV but I refuse too. Someone knocks on the door and I head over already knowing who it is. "Thanks again," I say to the hypnotized receptionist. He turns and leaves me with a tray of food for lunch.

Returning, I place it beside Eunice and jump into bed. Instead of eating, I was going to try and grab some sleep. I was soon seeing Thaddeus and I wasn't ready for it at all. If everything goes well, Eunice will have the last ingredient needed for the spell to work and she'll break it in time. If any of us screw up, there won't be another chance like this again.

I was so close to getting a cure and Thaddeus' was finally going to be my Mate again. I mean he is my Mate but he'll be like before. He'll actually show other feelings besides rage and jealousy.

Throughout the entire day, Eunice and I eat, I sleep and occasionally scour the TV for something to watch when Eunice isn't practising. When night falls and the clock turns to twelve, I find my heart race in my chest.

"Eunice?" The lights are closed except for the ones in the hallway. Eunice and I sleep in our separate beds but it seems as if none of us can grab any sleep.

"Yeah?"

"You're an amazing person. I hope you find someone that cherishes and values your worth."

I hear her giggle from her side of the room. "You do," she points out. "Annabel, we haven't even left yet. Stop being so sad, you're making me want to cry now."

I smile at her obvious act to brave up and I like that. "You know something that you taught me was that life is too short to not forgive. Also, life's too short to not lend a helping hand and have fun while doing so."

For a moment, there is a quiet pause. I'm not sure if I overstepped some boundaries but I know for sure that what I said was true. I will never forget about her ever.

"Good night Annabel," she says shifting around in her bed.

"Good night Eunice."

Comment. Vote. Fan.