Chapter 35 (unedited)

I really felt like crying when I woke up but I didn't. In fact, I stare at the ceiling for a few moments before smiling. For the first time in a while, I was showing actual emotion. Sitting upright in my bed, I glance at the clock beside me. My eyes widen in shock at the numbers, eleven seventeen. I had slept for a long time even though it felt like minutes.

I push my blanket away and get to my feet stretching. That dream with everyone had motivated me to end my silence with Thaddeus and just forgive him. However he had to apologize firstly. Shutting my eyes, I try to find out where he might be. I can't sense him in his bedroom or the office. Stepping out the room, I walk around trying to smell my way to him but it's no use. He isn't in the house.

Just as I reach the kitchen, my stomach growls alerting me of my hunger. I pause and think that a quick snack won't hurt. I make three sandwiches and chow them down to pass the time. Thaddeus isn't here by then and I'm curious what he might be doing.

I think about mind linking Jay but I refuse. He was probably busy with Natalia at the moment and I didn't want to interrupt them. I head out to the door where Thaddeus had stationed two guards again, and ask them of his whereabouts. They shake their heads indicating that they don't know where he went. Sighing, I leave the house in my shorts and t-shirt looking like one complete mess. My hair was probably sticking out at every direction as a result of my nap I just took.

I walk a bit for a while trying to find his scent but it is very faint. It had rained the other day and the rain probably dulled out any scents. I walk around asking pack members if they've seen him and they often reply no with a slight surprise on their faces. I'm guessing talk about how Thaddeus and I weren't talking spread but no one knew why.

"Hey," I ask a friend of Cassandras. "Have you seen the Alpha?"

"No Luna," she replies with a nod as a sign of respect. I just smile back at her and walk away asking others the same thing.

I get so frustrated that I start to head back into the direction of our home. This time I mind link Jay about Thaddeus.

We were just in a meeting actually, he responds. He left a bit early to go do something. I figured he was heading back home.

Maybe, I'll check and if he's not there, I'm sure he's fine.

I hear a slight chuckle through the mind link. Are you worried about him?

No.... I'm just curious as to where he might be.

Jay and I end the conversation as I walk back to our house. Thaddeus' scent is still very mild so I don't enter the house with any sort of curiosity. He just wasn't there.

I head over to the kitchen again but this time I sit at the counter. Placing my head in my palms, I let out a long sigh. Thaddeus was nowhere to be found. I would have to wait to talk to him rather than mind link him. I wanted to speak face to face.

Pushing myself off the counter, I find myself walking to Thaddeus's office. His scent was faint in there as well but I go there anyways. I take a seat in his leather chair and run my fingers down the sheets of papers. I stare down at them for a while before I grab a pen. I tap the pen against the desk for quite some time. This was just a way for me to pass the time.

Eventually, I get bored from this and put the pen down. My eyes wander the room before I notice the files that Thaddeus had shown me a while ago. I had told him I wanted to do more as a Luna and he showed me information about the pack. I head over to his files on the shelves and pile some into my hands.

When I sit back, I open the first file and skim through it. I wanted to know more information on the packs in America. Thaddeus had a few files on each of them. In total, there were ten packs in the United States including ours. I pull out the first few sheets from the first file and read them thoroughly. The pack was called the Silver Knights and it was located near Washington D.C. There was a map attached to it pinning their exact location. It seems like these notes were updated a few weeks ago as I read the date. The current Alpha and Luna were both thirty nine, and they have three kids together. The oldest child was a fifteen year old girl. They had an estimation of two hundred and five pack members.