Chapter 26 (unedited)

Beta Jay

"I'm going to help you train," I tell Natalia as we settle down in the dining room the next morning. Kerin and Kasin walk into the room shortly after and I give them a short wave, causing them to do the same. They sit beside their sister and eat breakfast.

"I'm fine." I figured she's say that.

"Natalia," I lean forward as she spoons her bowl of cereal. I wait for here to finish before continuing. "As Beta, I train the pack to be there best in combat. The Alpha helps as well when he isn't working in his office."

"Okay," she says dragging the word out. "That doesn't change anything. I know what I'm doing."

"How about this? If you can get me on my back, one on one, then I won't train you. If you don't, I'll get to personally train you."

She places her spoon down and eyes me curiously. Also, in her eyes I could tell she liked that challenge. She nods without thinking and I tell her to change her clothes and meet me in the small field behind the house in thirty minutes. Alpha Thaddeus had called me into his office earlier and I had to go, along with Ken.

As I walk to Alphas office, I meet up with Ken and together we head inside. "Alpha?" I say once we arrive. I find Richard with him along with a bag strapped onto both of their backs.

"Kevin's team managed to locate Annabel. Rather waiting for the three day period, we'll be leaving as soon as possible."

"But Alpha," I automatically think analyze how this affects Annabel's plans. She wouldn't be ready. She'd be caught off guard and none of the Wolves that were going to accompany Alpha Thaddeus onto the trip would be able to restrain him like myself. "Would you be able to handle yourself?"

His Wolf lets out a growl demanding for respect. Of course, there was only Richard and Ken besides us so he shouldn't feel so threatened. They both understand what I was referring too but other than me, they don't voice their opinions out loud. "I know what I am doing."

I nod still feeling worried for Annabel's safety. My Alpha was going to go out looking for his Mate, my Luna, while I stayed back and defended the pack. It's not any different then that time Brayton and his rogues attacked while Alpha Thaddeus was out. Except the fool attempting to get into the pack was a rogue and a few of his suicidal rogue friends. I was ready for each and everyone of them.

Alpha Thaddeus keeps us with him for a few moments to explain his plan a bit more. He lays out the details and tells us what he did for easier access between packs. He called the packs that were located in between him and our west group just to make it aware that an Alpha was crossing territories to get to his Mate. There were only two now. There used to be three but we destroyed the Blue Bloods pack. Afterwards, we walk to the territory borders with Alpha Thaddeus repeating instructions, both Ken and I have heard many times.

When Thaddeus departs, along with Richard, I give out instructions for the morning shift to stay a bit extra longer in their positions. We couldn't have the chance of rogues sneaking in while our men were changing shifts.

Ken and I split and work on our assigned instructions. Right now I had nothing to do except keep watch over my Mate, her brothers and the pack. The rest of my paper work I could do another time.

"Hey," I greet the twins and Natalia as they all sit in front of the TV. From what I could see, they were watching SpongeBob SquarePants. "Natalia, can I have a minute?"

"I'll be right back guys," Natalia says as she get to her feet and walks over. "Hey."

"I need to speak to you about the pack ceremony for you three."