"Sweetie I'm going to the store to pick up a few things. Need anything?" I asked.

"I have to pee." I scooped her up in my arms and carried her to the bathroom. "I can walk."

"You sure?"

"No. I feel pretty weak."

I set her down and let her do her business while I rummaged through the medicine cabinet looking for a thermometer. I found it just as the toilet flushed. I turned around to see her toss her pj bottoms to the side leaving her in just her panties. I had to remind myself that she was sick, before I got too excited.

"I forgot my toothbrush." She frowned.

I laughed and walked over to her. "I stalk up on them because of lock downs. I never bring home a brush I used at a location, home. Some places are just nasty." I opened up a drawer on the sink, showing her my toothbrush stash. She reached her hand in and grabbed one.

"Thank you."

"No problem." I kissed her head. "I'll be down the hall for second. Call me if you need me." I told her. She nodded and opened the faucet.

I walked down the hall and stopped in Griffins room. I pulled out my phone and called Veronique.

"What can I do for you?" She asked right away.

"Why can't you say hello like a normal person?" I laughed.

"You and I both know that I'm far from normal." She laughed. "But seriously why are you calling me at eight thirty in the morning? I just finished making breakfast for three apparently starving children."

"Do you think you could keep Griff for a few more days?" I asked.

"Of course. But why?"

"Saige has been throwing up all night and well it would just be easier if he wasn't here. He shouldn't be around sick people anyway."

"I understand. I will need some more of his clothes."

"I'll pack a bag and I'll drop it off on my way to the store."

"We'll be home all day." She said before she ended the call. I walked around the room and tossed clothing into a bag and placed it outside the door. I exited the room and found Saige walking out of the bathroom. I gave her a smiled.

"Feeling any better?" I questioned.

"A little. But I'm going to go back to sleep. I'm still not one hundred percent and my stomach still hurts."

"Okay sweetie. I'll lock the front door. I won't be gone too long." I told her.

"I love you Nick."

I smiled at her. "I love you more."

* * *

I walked into the quiet house, Saige must still be sleeping. I told her I wouldn't be long but I ended up being gone longer than I wanted to. I locked the front door behind me, took off my shoes and climbed the stairs. I found Saige passed out sprawled across the bed in just her panties and my shirt. I smiled at the sight.

I walked over with the bag in my hand and started taking things out of it and placing things on the end table for her. When I was done I bent down and kissed her forehead. She woke up and smiled at me.

"How you feeling?" I asked.

"A little better." She responded sitting up. "The pain in my stomach has gone away and I haven't puked in like seven hours."

"That's good. Have you checked your temperature?"

"Yup. 99.8. Not too bad."

"No but we will keep checking it to make sure it goes down instead of up." I said sitting down next to her.

"What took you so long?" She asked looking at the clock.

"I had to drop a few things off to Veronique for Griffin. I asked her to watch him for a few more days."

"Thank you. He can't get sick."

"I know. That's why I asked."

"You're on the ball today." She giggled.

"I bought you a few things. Ginger ale to settle your stomach. Saltine crackers to put something light in your stomach and water for when you're finished the ginger ale."

"You're too sweet." She smiled. I smiled back.

She ate a few crackers before tossing the pack to the side. She then opened the Ginger ale and took a little sip, before closing it and placing it back down on the end table. I stood up from the bed and let her lay back down.

"Get some rest. I'll be downstairs." I told her.

"Nick?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Lay with me until I fall asleep please?" I didn't answer her but crawled into bed beside her and wrapped my arms around her. She cuddled up to me and fell asleep.

Again I watched her. I missed having her in my arms and I wanted to enjoy the warming sensation because I knew that in a few weeks she would be heading back to Las Vegas. But I wish she'd stay.

A/N: Happy Star Wars day! May the fourth be with you :)