Chapter twenty-eight: This Means War part 1

Merry Christmas everyone!

Cole's POV

I couldn't take it anymore.

I got up then leaped off the cliff. Dad and Nadine gasped as I activated the Yang Blade.

As soon as Zira was about to strike, I slammed the Blade onto the ground, which made a huge green explosion.

I was surprised on how powerful it was. Everyone except me and Nya flew backwards. The entire building colapsed. Dust and debris were flying everywhere. Everyone was screaming because they had no idea what just happened, not even me.

I looked around and saw all of the ghouls and Zira were in one spot. I then looked down at Nya, who was rubbing her head.

I smiled then took out my hand, "Hey, you okay?"

She jumped when she heard my voice. She slowly lifted up her head with a complete surprised look on her face, then down at my hand.

"Y-yeah...," Nya stuttered,"I...I am now...."

As soon as I helped Nya up, she immediately wrapped her arms around me. I stumbled a bit as she tightened her grip. Honestly I don't blame her at this point. I was happy to see her too. I smiled then tightly hugged her back.

"COLE!!!" Everyone cheered.

Nya and I let go of each other then I got everyone out of their chains. They all came up to me then came in for a group hug. I saw most of them had tears in their eyes.

"Ha! I knew you were still alive!" Jay exclaimed, "I told you he was INDESTRUCTIBLE!"

"I can't believe you're alright," Lloyd replied.

"It's a miracle!" Zane cheered.

"Ah yes," Master Wu sighed in relief, "Thank Ninjago you're back. I'd never thought I'd see you again honestly."

"Me neither," I said.

I saw Dad and Nadine coming. The others came over to reunite. And then I saw Kai, who was facing away from me.

"Kai," I paused, "Are you alright?"

I heard a sniff. Was he crying? I was a bit concerned. I don't know why he was upset.

I walked over then put my hand on his shoulder. Kai turned to me with a depressed look on his face.

"Cole..." Kai sniffed, "I can't believe that you survived. I actually thought that...that..."

"There's no reason to be upset, Kai. I'm okay, a little rusty but okay."

"You don't understand! This is my fault! I'm so sorry for saying all of those terrible things to you! I've been an awful friend! If I haven't made such a big deal out of it, then-"

I knew what he was talking about. He was upset about he didn't want to help me. Honestly, I'm not mad at him....not anymore at least. Anger won't solve anything.

Kai covered his face as I gave him a soft smile. I slowly walked over to him then wrapped my arms around his shoulders. Kai looked  surprised, he was probably expecting me to punch in the stomach or something.

"Kai, it's alright," I said, "Don't blame yourself. This was my fault from the very beginning. I'm sorry for pushing you. I overreacted, you didn't do anything wrong. You were just looking after me, like all of you always had. I should've been more open with you guys. Either way, I forgive you..."

After I said that, Kai hugged me back. I heard him crying softly. He laughed after a few seconds we let go of each other.

"Oh wow," Kai chuckled, "Look at me. I look like a walking waterfall heh."