Chapter fifteen: Outrage

Lou's POV

I couldn't believe it. After 25 years she finally returns.

I've been preparing this day ever since Laura disappeared. After she defeated Zira, I've been trying to protect him. You see I was scared that Cole was going to end up like her.

Now, my prediction came true.

I remember the day that Cole was finally able to see me in person for the Blade Cup. Once I saw Kai, Zane and Jay behind him, I knew what was going on. I was just pretending that I didn't notice, just to let his guard down a bit.

It worked, until now. I should've told him sooner, but he was too young to understand. Either way, he would've ran away from home.

Everyone else was staring at Zira in horror. I wasn't, because I've seen her before. She laughed quietly and it got louder every second. Once she stopped, she stared at us.

"Zira..." I growled.

Zira looked at me with wide eyes, "Louis?"

Before she began to speak. The ninja get in their fighting positions. Wu takes out his staff and Misako stood beside him.

"Wu..." Zira said sarcastically.

"Zira..." Wu said.

"Jay, Nya, Lloyd, Zane and Kai," Jay replied, "Great, now that we all know each other-GET OUT OF OUR CITY!"

"Your city!" Zira barked, "These lands....Belong. To. The. Overlord!"

"You know why that you're no longer welcome!" Wu shouted, "Now you and your kin, get out!"

Zira laughed hysterically, "My my, Wu. You haven't changed a bit. But you know that I'm not here to fight, I'm just here to grab my...special collectables that I planted many years ago then I'll be on my way."

"Not if we find them first!" Kai snapped, "We know what you're trying to do! You're not gonna take our home from us!"

"Oh?" Zira huffed, "And what makes you think that?"

"You're too late, Zira!" I shouted, "I have the map right here.

Zira laughed, "I'm surprised you kept that after all these years. And I can also see that your idiotic  friends had children. I recognize some of these faces...except for the robot."

"You mean nindroid!" Jay shouted.

Zira rolled her eyes, "Yeah, whatever. Now....I don't mean to count you in numbers but...wasn't there another fella with you?"

"Huh?" Jay asked.

"Where's the one that's destined to fight me? You know the boy with the dark hair?"

"You mean Cole?"

Zira blanked out for a moment and closed her eyes, like she was thinking.

"Hmmm," Zira murmured, "Cole...why does that name sound so familiar? Hm-oh....now I remember...he's your son....isn't he Louis?"

"Don't you dare get near my son!" I cried, "He's already under enough pressure because of you."

"Oh really?" Zira taunted, "Are so sure about that? Didn't you like....change his memory of something?"

My heart skipped a beat. She was right. After Laura went into the portal, Cole went out of control. Madame Nadine and I agreed to rearrange his memory, a timeline where his mother never existed at that time. It was the only way. But how did she know about that?

"H-how did you-"

"You poor, useless human," Zira growled, "What kind of a father are you? Of course I know Cole. I saw him next to you when I attacked your pathetic wife. Ahh....I remember the look he gave me when I was banished into the rift, so young and innocent, and so....afraid. How old is he again? Hmm....it has been ten years-oh my. He's the youngest that I have to fight. Ha!"